• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer in New York Times

Ken in LA

Pulling down the safety bar
Skier
I own 2-pairs of non-professional Fischer skis produced in their factory in the Ukraine and find them to be great. The Ranger FR serves me well in Sierra and Rocky Mtn variable conditions excelling on bumps, and the Progressor F-80 makes an occasional appearance when conditions are slick or there is not enough soft snow for me to enjoy the bumps. I picked up the Progressors in Europe where they were particularly well adapted for en piste ski touring between villages using the extensive lift system. The brand seems to have more cache in Europe. I don’t see many here in the western US.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice article.
I know the My Ranger 102s were at the top of my list for powder days this past year.
Crazy good ski.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ranger 115 XTi in 188 cm for a big guy. I got a lot of comments in the gondola at Killington on a powder day.

The 115 now comes as a FR. I think they did this because the tail even on mine is more like a twin tip.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Great article. I’ve never owned a set of Fischers. Always wanted to demo a set but never been at the right place, right time.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice article. I have owned Fischer SL race skis and still have the last pair I raced in. I recently bought a pair of their Curv skis.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Winks are you a Fischer pro?

Haha, something like that!
I'm not good enough to know what it is, but there is a Fischer feel to their skis. I've enjoyed every pair I've demoed.

I completely agree with you! very much like Volkl skis have that special edge "feel", Fischer does have a special feeling about their skis, edges and ability to carve. Fischer believes at its core that every ski they make should have that special feel.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I completely agree with you! very much like Volkl skis have that special edge "feel", Fischer does have a special feeling about their skis, edges and ability to carve. Fischer believes at its core that every ski they make should have that special feel.
I'll keep demoing them, but I've never had the same positive experience with Volkl. The new Kendo sounds intriguing if I decide to replace my daily driver 88, but the RC One GT 86 is getting rave reviews.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll keep demoing them, but I've never had the same positive experience with Volkl. The new Kendo sounds intriguing if I decide to replace my daily driver 88, but the RC One GT 86 is getting rave reviews.

The new Kendo is certainly a step in the right direction for Volkl in my opinion...That being said the RC One GT 86 from Fischer is a ton of fun! Good to see them getting the reviews they deserve. I have also been a fan of The Curv GT the last few seasons.

Sponsor

Staff online