• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

First to open

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Sounds like Wild Mountain is intending to stay open daily, not just weekends, assuming weather cooperates.

Andes Tower Hills will be opening tomorrow. They got 15" total this week and just started snowmaking.

Trollhaugen will be opening Sunday as well.

We will see if they are all able to stay open. We have more natural snow coming up tomorrow and a few more good snowmaking nights, but then we'll be hitting low 40s for a few days.

These places that open with a single rope tow and one run basically just to get the local high school kids out are definitely playing a different game than what the destination resorts have to get together in order to open, no question.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
These places that open with a single rope tow and one run basically just to get the local high school kids out are definitely playing a different game than what the destination resorts have to get together in order to open, no question.
It's not that different a game, as the larger resorts that typically open early do something similar .... one WROD, sometimes manmade snow, one lift. It's definitely a bigger scale, but not too much more effort relatively speaking I'd think. It's not like when A-Basin opens the whole mountain is open or anything.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wolf Creek announcing 3 lifts open Wed-Sun beginning Oct 28, with November schedule TBD.

TS
Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Been wicked busy so let this run. Sounds like wild mt wins. My new source in vt says mid late november.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Wolf Creek announcing 3 lifts open Wed-Sun beginning Oct 28, with November schedule TBD.
I saw it on the news this evening that they are open and skiing looked good from what they showed in the video.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
MN has 4-5 days coming up that will be in the 50's if not the 60's. I'd guess the MN hills might close down for a few days to preserve the snow they have.

James

Out There
Instructor
MN has 4-5 days coming up that will be in the 50's if not the 60's. I'd guess the MN hills might close down for a few days to preserve the snow they have.
Same weather coming to VT next week. A little snow today, cold for a few days, then 50’s through next weekend.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Same weather coming to VT next week. A little snow today, cold for a few days, then 50’s through next weekend.

+days of 60+ with full sun is not a good thing for a thinly covered ski run...

Sponsor

Staff online