• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

First ride of the season

Joel

Having fun
Skier
Got my first MTB ride of the season in today. After a Winter of not being too active, I figured a casual ride would be in order. I got to where I wanted to ride, it's the same place I go when I want to climb. Near the bottom of the climb there is a fork where I either stay in the valley ( was my plan ) or climb Towers Trail. Well, the low trail was closed, so up Towers I go. I always enjoy climbing Towers, it's a good work out. There are several places on the way up you can jump off and head back down. I went to Loggers Road and decided to call that good for my first day out. So down Sawmill, which is fun, and back to my truck.

For my first ride this season, I was pleased. About 10 minutes off my time when I've been riding a while.

This year I'm going to try some wider rims, going to go to 35mm, and see how I like those. I should be able to build those this weekend and give them a go next week ( maybe even this Sunday ).

It was a good cardiac test to start the season.

Joel

TS
Joel

Joel

Having fun
Skier
I built the new wheels and like them. Can't say night and day difference but do seem less spongy in the turns. I run 2.6 back and 2.8 front, so cornering profile still seems good. New toys always help the motivation to ride.

I like straight pull spokes, easy to lace up
20190405_171136.jpg

Good to have a truing stand to do this on
20190405_171125.jpg

Wheels look good on the bike
20190406_083517.jpg

Proof of ride
20190409_154157.jpg

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Went out for an hour and a half this afternoon, just got back.

The Vermont back roads are still muddy in many places, as gravel rides go. Churned up road mud sand and stone. Fun really.
But the woods? Watch for soft spots, They will slow you right down.

Ask me how I know ;-)