• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

First(2nd) foreign car

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
I love wagons! When my daily driver Vibe dies I'll be looking for another wagon to take its place. (04 with 228k) The Volvo's have always intrigued me for fun/utility/durability/safety. I want to justify one, but I have the truck for utility so I need to gun for straight MPG.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love wagons! When my daily driver Vibe dies I'll be looking for another wagon to take its place. (04 with 228k) The Volvo's have always intrigued me for fun/utility/durability/safety. I want to justify one, but I have the truck for utility so I need to gun for straight MPG.

Could you justify a BMW 328d xDrive that gets 30/40 mpg? I could if it cost less than $40, but at $46,000 it's tough to justify. Our Subaru only has 30,000 miles so we're keeping that for another 8 years or until my kids get too tall for the back seat, which is already happening.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Could you justify a BMW 328d xDrive that gets 30/40 mpg?

I'll never spend more than 30K on a daily driver car and at that price it better give me 40 MPG plus, I'll likely end up with a Prius wagon. However an old volvo AWD for winter shenanigans and two tracking..... :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since the conversation has drifted toward foreign cars, I saw that VW is discontinuing the Bug again. Has anyone else heard this or is it just a rumor?