• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Find me a jacket*

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SOMEONE is cranky. How'd the snow day go?
went better than I could've imagined, actually let them talk me into staying over and skiing again Friday. Hero snow both days, the bumps which I took my time with were a blast:)
NE conditions thread post #853 -
ELK was too, and right up there with the free refill boot clog deep days. 37" and all black runs open with soft bumps everywhere, only two were groomed. Not even crowded, yesterday or today.
I decided to do a half day ticket Thursday. To my delight, knees were pretty good when skiing. Run lengths/time skiing followed by long slow lift rides were the perfect combo of ski/rest. Other then twingies here and there, my knees didn't really hurt till afterward at 4:30pm. Everyone talked me into staying over. I was reluctant and said I was going home at least four times before I caved. Well, skiing was good today too, again small crowd, no lift lines. By lunch I was ready to go home but after spending two hours in the lodge I went out again and skied till 4:30pm closing. Was glad I stayed. My knees seem to be holding up, achy but no worse than before I went.
Finally got my first and second ski day of the season - proof positive physical therapy works, from where I was back in December feeling as if someone was jabbing my knee caps with a power drill. I can only hope for a few more days like this with continued improvement before season end.
Oh and the Volkl 90eight's were fun although I was feeling like I may've preferred the 177cm over the 170cm's I went with. Then again I've yet to use them in the trees where I'm pretty sure I'll be more comfortable on the 170cm.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
That obnoxiously large black arachnid is the least of it, the light yellow ochre with black cargo pockets, knee pads, and cuff guards are awful! Nothing will go well with them. My vote is for @slowrider's vintage Pauly Shore back support belt ... the clash would actually work, anything else would look like wardrobe from a Village People music video.

If @Brian Finch and @TheBestSkier pointed guns at my head, I'd say the Green.

...and where's @Dave Petersen to photo chop these together for us?

Haha..... those pants are bomb! Green is not a currently available color.

Props to @TheBestSkier for putting up with all my queries.

Props to everyone for getting this tread to a 3rd page :).

Reactions: Ron

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Why no love for the Walnut?!
The combo would be too military/park ranger/highway patrol looking and it also does nothing to help subdue the bold pants.

Haha..... those pants are bomb! Green is not a currently available color. -
I was looking at the wrong jacket, I don't like the Antero II green combo with your bibbers either. Was looking at Antero II Plus green. The lighter more yellow-green (vs. the darker more blue-green of the II), on a value scale, is better matched in relation to the light yellow ochre/BLACK. IMO, would help the overall look remain as neutrally balanced as possible. Not so much jumping out at you.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Current tally:

Red 3
White 1
Walnut 0
Black Cherry 1

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
My Aspen jacket. Too much, No.
Sj.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Current tally:

Red 3
White 1
Walnut 0
Black Cherry 1
Between those, I'd pick Black Cherry first, Red second. Both could offer you more longevity if the jacket outlives the very functional pants - too bad they weren't available to you in solid black.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Black Cherry or Brick red. @TheBestSkier can you clarify the tone of the red.

OK, so no one asked what color helmet is going with this jacket??

Well, I asked my wife & she, to my suprise, likes the blues...... :)

As for the helmet, I want as minimal as possible. I'm done w bulky lids; so this will likely dictate color.

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Black Cherry or Brick red. @TheBestSkier can you clarify the tone of the red.

OK, so no one asked what color helmet is going with this jacket??

The brick red is crimson to me. I donated my brick red Antero 2 to a Copper patroller and asked him to destroy it for testing purposes. I think it's darker than what most Ski Patrol wear.

Sponsor

Staff online