• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Finally received the validation I've craved my entire life

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
Received this in the mail today:

IMG_0681.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So......How cold was it? For Tremblantiers like @Jilly , It isn't really cold until its at least -30c.....with a wind!!:P

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I skied Tremblant one sunny spring day when it was 25 below Farenheit (minus 31 for you metric folks). My car wouldn't start so I had it towed to a garage to warm up while I chilled off on the slopes.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied Tremblant one sunny spring day when it was 25 below Farenheit (minus 31 for you metric folks). My car wouldn't start so I had it towed to a garage to warm up while I chilled off on the slopes.
Are you saying you never skied in Michigan in that kind of cold?

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
No fun. Coldest lesson I ever taught was a wind chill of minus 60.

Me: "You know, we don't have to do this."
Them: "We're on vacation; we want to ski!"

Bloody brutal.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Never!!!:Cristmassnow::Cristmassnow:

Twenty below once at Michigan's SugarLoaf, 15 below several times.
I skied in -28ºF at Caberfae once for night skiing after work. I think it was something like -18º durning the day.
It was a, ski a run and go in for hot cocoa, ski a run and go in for cocoa kind of night. We had the hill to ourselves. And you better bet, we had zero ski exposed.
Oh the things you do when you're young and goofy. I doubt I'd do it these days.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I know one of the marketing people at Big 3...That's a great idea...

Oh yeah, -30C with a wind chill to -45C. Normal day in January. But really Vermont isn't that much different.
I've definitely skied Killington at -30F and below with the winds on one MLK weekend. It was ~100 degrees warmer the same weekend the following year.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got this a few weeks back on my trip to aspen.

perhaps not impressive to locals, but a big checkmark for me personally. I will treasure it same as Wreck it Ralph does his hero medal.

20190404_203459.jpg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Received this in the mail today:

View attachment 69658

Just got the same letter for the same day! Haha

My last day on a 7 day ski trip to Lake Louise and Sunshine. Was epic powder the 2 days before that at LL with nice temps and then it dropped like a stone. Only skied for 2 hours that day as it was so cold and still got frostbite between my googles and balaclava even with going inside after each run.

TS
Beartown

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
Just got the same letter for the same day! Haha

My last day on a 7 day ski trip to Lake Louise and Sunshine. Was epic powder the 2 days before that at LL with nice temps and then it dropped like a stone. Only skied for 2 hours that day as it was so cold and still got frostbite between my googles and balaclava even with going inside after each run.

Man, at least you got a few days of nice temps along with the fresh snow. That was our first day of skiing on a 5 day trip. Skied bell to bell every day, but I wouldn't really call it "pleasant" at any point. Temps stayed pretty low all week; never got above zero. Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Man, at least you got a few days of nice temps along with the fresh snow. That was our first day of skiing on a 5 day trip. Skied bell to bell every day, but I wouldn't really call it "pleasant" at any point. Temps stayed pretty low all week; never got above zero. Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

That’s too bad! I timed it well for once and while back home was getting -25C temps, it was sunny and -8C at LL all week and even got 2 20plus cm overnight days with the bigger one on the Saturday before you arrived. Was insanely busy on that Saturday though.

I left Banff to go back home to +8 degrees temps in Ontario as their cold snap ended.

Sponsor

Staff online