• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Final Four

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My Oklahoma Sooners are in the Final Four. I didn't expect this, because they only have one really good player and teams that shut him down have beaten us. The plot thickens. Mrscrgildart and her best friend are UNC Tarheels so the final would be pretty hostile for me should we meet there. Also. wife's friend just got her masters from Villanova so we've got all kinds of favorites, 3 of 4 in the hunt. may Syracuse lose to UNC and hoping my non basketball school shocks Villanova and UNC/Syracuse in the finals!

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't follow college ball but I've heard Bill Simmons raving about Buddy Hield. Being a Kiwi, I follow Steven Adams and have supported the OKC Thunder since he was drafted. Wouldn't it be absolutely crazy if the Thunder and the Sooners both won titles this year!

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
I don't follow college ball but I've heard Bill Simmons raving about Buddy Hield. Being a Kiwi, I follow Steven Adams and have supported the OKC Thunder since he was drafted. Wouldn't it be absolutely crazy if the Thunder and the Sooners both won titles this year!

A lot of people think SU should not be in the Final Four (for the men or women), and their offense is suspect. Still, the 2-3 zone played actively makes things difficult for any opponent. The team lost its coach for 9 games due to the BS NCAA penalties, started 0-4 in the brutal ACC, and ended the season losing 5 of 6 games. The NCAA selection committee, comprised of athletic directors, had a kind heart for the Orange, which could go all the way. The below GIF says it all:

http://imgur.com/1KDQGar

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My son's friend's brother played for Syracuse through last year.. Christmas. I'm still amazed that nothing serious came out of the UNC academic scandal towards the basketball program. Football took a hit and lost a coach but basketball managed to avoid anything serious?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
'Nova is my sentimantal favorite.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
As a Villanova alumni, I did a lot of smiling this weekend. Taking the opposing team out of their game and 40 minutes of intense effort is what Nova is all about. Oklahoma destroyed VU earlier in the season and Buddy Heild presents a major challenge. VU bigs need to step up, but, there is only 1 true big. The team that shoots best wins. I do like the fact that both took out the #1 seed, makes for an interesting game.

NC looks like the power of the field. I only wish that the NCAA had made rulings with respect to the academic scandals about NC basketball players. Even if NC wins the title, my guess is that championship will be voided. I don't want to see them win for that reason. Syracuse, wow, where did they come from? Many questioned how they even got a bid. Their zone defense is a killer, if they can play offense, who knows. VU and Syracuse had a great history in the original Big East, I would like to see a continuation of this rivalry in the final.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nova's defense is just ridiculous.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Good first half. Tarheels are able to spread the floor and get balls inside. Oklahoma wasn't able to do that. Also have three folks making threes. Good defense at both ends.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Amazing game!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Villanova...Party like it is 1985 again!!! Damn, finally beat UNC.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!
I remember watching that game, we were so tempted to head down to 'Nova to party that night.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Brother against brother lived up to the billing. Last team with the ball took the lead back and won as the clock expired. Congrats to the Wildcats!

Sponsor

Staff online