• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Feedback requested for Lincoln MKC 2.0 Turbo

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I may have an opportunity to pick up a three year old Lincoln MKC 2.0 Turbo return leased SUV. It only has 30 K miles but I have no knowledge about the brand and model. Yes I know I could Google it but if anyone has first hand experience I would like to know about it.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
No experience with the MKC but I've spent some time in Ford Escapes. You need to outfit an Escape with a higher level trim and the 2.0L Ecoboost if you want a true comparison but when it comes down to it these cars will be more the same than different. You'll get a nicer interior with the Lincoln but you're stuck with the very annoying push-button gear selector. I would skip any Lincoln with push-button gear selection but maybe it's something you get used to. I think the 2.0L Ecoboost requires premium gas but not sure. Also worth noting that the MKC is about to be replaced by the Corsair (there's an all-new Escape coming as well).

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
No experience with the MKC but I've spent some time in Ford Escapes. You need to outfit an Escape with a higher level trim and the 2.0L Ecoboost if you want a true comparison but when it comes down to it these cars will be more the same than different. You'll get a nicer interior with the Lincoln but you're stuck with the very annoying push-button gear selector. I would skip any Lincoln with push-button gear selection but maybe it's something you get used to. I think the 2.0L Ecoboost requires premium gas but not sure. Also worth noting that the MKC is about to be replaced by the Corsair (there's an all-new Escape coming as well).
Thanks, I will have to check on the premium gas that is a deal breaker.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The nice thing about some Lincolns is they have horrendous resale value..so you can get a decent car with low miles for relatively little..the depreciation kills the original owner..I read the MK-S had one of the highest depreciation rates..but it was a darn nice, big car. So pros and cons I guess... Doesn't mean they're a bad car..just can't get rid of them..

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
I talked to a friend this afternoon and he said it runs on regular gas. Still not sure if it is a good match for my needs.

Sponsor