• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Great thread! Lito is still king, his first video was game changing. Drills made friendly - so many of us devoured that stuff. Brilliant production! Hard to believe it's been 20+ years!

YouTube is such a tool - for visual learners what a great time to be alive. I've already seen most of the material here - how far we have come in 10 years - so exciting.

My other passions too surfing, guitar, tennis the stuff out on the WWW is fabulous. Supercharge your skiing, guitar playing whatever. Fix your car, tune your skis all there for those with a smart phone handy! DIY days of glory right now. Truly changing how I approach life.

Awesome thread - great resource keep building it!!!

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
she has also fallen in love with Lito Tejada-Flores

I watched the first one a bit. They are long! Great body of work. Someone should get permission to do a remix, taking the audio and incorporating it with new video, accompanied by music, super slow mo segments, high def videography, and high energy skiing. It would be Amazing.

BornToSki683

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Lito's stuff is great. He has a poetic way of describing everything and very practical point of view..he really explains WHY something works, rather then just telling you do something a certain way because its the "right" way.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Lito's stuff is great. He has a poetic way of describing everything and very practical point of view..he really explains WHY something works, rather then just telling you do something a certain way because its the "right" way.

QFT. Many of us learn better and faster when told "why". I would add his holistic approach. Everything comes together.

These "private lesson" videos are definitely long videos to enjoy when you have the time. Not a quick 2 minute video atound one concept. Which goes well with his approach.

Thank you, Lito.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Lito changed my ski life, his poetic thoughts expressed in Lito 1 are often on my mind when on the mountain. Jerry Berg's smiling face while filmed demonstrating crossover is still jaw dropping. The whole video is still goosebump inducing for me.

To read that others here on PugSki feel the same is truly heartwarming.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I loved Lito's book The New Breakthrough on Skis. It provided the first consistent instruction on how to ski for me, and I loved his communication style.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not many responses so far, maybe you need to add the magic words "skiing level" to get the interest up :)

Here's a little clip I quite like because it has a very simple clear message and the presenter's credentials are hard to beat. Music probably isn't for everyone though!

I love Moseley, world class skier for sure...but I never liked this video, I can't get what he's trying to say at all. I mean I get 'get on the downhill ski' but I don't get jumping on to it..in a similar video (from the same source) I've heard Moseley describe the move like 'jumping over a chain-link fence', again, I can't make the mental jump to put what he demostrates into moseley-like mogul skiing.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think we should give a chance to some of the newer ski pros in the video ski tip arena and especially to the ones with new (to me) cutting edge ski techniques:

“Body Shifting”

“Leaning Around the Corner”

“Parallelling the Whole Way Round”

“Flap Like an Eagle”

“Down, one, two, three, up, pivot, pole, release, turn, repeat”

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
"Carving wasn't invented with skiers it was invented with snowboarders... in yurp".

That's as far as I got ;)

Last edited:

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
That group of videos is a bad joke, right? In How to Carve he demonstrates great skids. In Lesson 7 his wide stance heavy on the inside ski is a parody, yes? In mastering parallel, never ever teach anything the skier will eventually need to un-learn. In modern equipment the skier will go from wedge turns to basic parallel in a day. They'll go through the wedge christie and past it without ever being told to do so and without learning that bad habit. The slow skiing is just a scenic video. The one day thing is antique junk. It wasn't any good when it was current and hasn't aged well. There is nothing there that will work for the new skier on the slippery scary cold hard snow.

Bob Barnes

Out on the slopes
Instructor
Contributor
>>"a firm grasp of the oblivious..."<<

I'm amazed to see that first one--the eHow clip with the guy in the Keystone mountain operations jacket. That was one of a series of equally horrible and laughable videos he made about 10 years ago or so. I was the training manager for the Keystone Ski & Ride School at the time, and i was aghast when I first came across these videos. Despite the uniform (not a ski school uniform), he had nothing whatsoever to do with the Keystone Ski & Ride School, and the videos were completely unauthorized. He was told to stop, and I thought that the whole series had been deleted. I guess, like they say, nothing online ever goes away!

Meanwhile, there's snow in the Colorado high country, and the 2017-18 North America ski season is not far away!

Best regards,
Bob

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank God it only has 208 views.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I didn't notice the Keystone kit. ogsmile

:philgoat:

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
And the "Firm Grasp of the Obvious" award goes to ... :D

Those videos were golden! I'm glad the Ski School Thought Police didn't get them all banned.

Now, on to more important matters -
I have...uhhhh..... this friend.... who might have "smaller shaped skis". There's like....a pill for that, right? Or maybe some special wax?

Sponsor

Staff online