• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Hi

There is nothing like a good instructor. But for different reasons, it's nice to supplement that with other sources of learning. This forum is an example. But I wonder what folks like to either use or recommend.

I really like the series of videos by Elate Media on Youtube - They are good, clear, short, and focused on one particular aspect at a time.

But my favorite, so far, is an A to Z, holistic, guru-style video that goes through a lot of the stuff that I typically hear from instructors, I really like Lito Tejada-Flores':

Ok gang. What am I missing? Let's share, only the best teaching content.

Thanks much in advance!

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not many responses so far, maybe you need to add the magic words "skiing level" to get the interest up :)

Here's a little clip I quite like because it has a very simple clear message and the presenter's credentials are hard to beat. Music probably isn't for everyone though!

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Not many responses so far, maybe you need to add the magic words "skiing level" to get the interest up :)

LOL - Or maybe "Ski Prrrn"?

Here's a little clip I quite like because it has a very simple clear message and the presenter's credentials are hard to beat.

I agree! Isn't it crazy how, the more someone knows on a subject, the simpler, clearer, less convoluted their communication?

BTW, the point about about early weight transfer is emphasized quite a bit by LitoTF in the video I quoted in the OP. Thank you for sharing!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I was watching Project Kitz on my Roku last night.
It's a great video, but Bob's is more fun to watch!

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm working on this ski technique wiki. Tying up lots of drills to these concepts and associating everything together, so you can browse how topics are related to each other in several ways - as no movement or skill exists by itself and discovering these relationships is often what has improved my own skiing..

cheers

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
These are a few instructional videos by JF Beaulieu (Canadian demo team, lead instructor at the Rookie Academy in New Zealand, ski school director at Mte-St.-Anne, Quebec. He has been one of my primary coaches for a few years and I respect him immensely. Hope you like.

Best!
Mike

Oh, and although it's not a ski instruction video per se, I'd like to share a video of Jonathan Ballou (head of training at Aspen, another lead trainer at the Rookie Academy). In it, he's demonstrating dynamic, medium-radius turns. If you watch what he is doing with the parts of his body, and when he is doing it, you'll likely get a good idea of what needs to be done!

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Mendieta,
While they aren't 'techy' like much of the great info above, Josh Foster (CSIA L4, examiner, former CSIA demo team member, SSD at Big White) has a bunch of cool little 'one hit' tips that are fun to watch and think about:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=josh+foster+ski+tips

An example:

One video that I watched a TON was this one:

A couple more Canadian (CSIA) clips:

(even really good skiers fall! :))

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
He does, but I don't know the URL.

markojp