• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Favorite Spring Gloves

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
My husband left my old spring gloves on top of the car and then drove off, so I'm in the market for a new pair. Prefer a soft leather glove with light insulation.

What glove are you using in warmer temps?

(edited to add, the husband came back but the gloves didn't)

Last edited:

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love my North Face G3 gloves. When reading some of the reviews, I'm surprised on how people are calling them "super warm". They're the perfect spring/early winter weather glove for me...if it's any warmer out I'll just wear a thin liner or running glove.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I wear my Hestra heli gloves without the liners when it’s warm. If I misjudged the temps, I just put the liners back in.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Been using the same pair of Scott leather Spring gloves for at least 15 seasons. Cost less than $20 back then.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Proper spring any kind of meccanix style work glove. Early spring the cloth backed Kincos. Ski gloves are waaaay overpriced for what they are - though Hestras feel super nice if you get the right size.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Proper spring any kind of meccanix style work glove. Early spring the cloth backed Kincos. Ski gloves are waaaay overpriced for what they are - though Hestras feel super nice if you get the right size.

This was what I was about to say ... I have been using Flylow's version of Kincos because I bought about 4 pairs on STP back when they were on sale cheaper than Kincos. Just right for me, although people with warmer hands use them all season. Find an Army surplus store, or I bet McGuckins has tons of work gloves, as well.

And yes, when STP has Hestras for cheap, which isn't so much anymore, I stock up. Bought a few pairs of mittens for $35-ish in the past; love them but not paying $140.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you can find them:

1575407835717.png

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My old leather Swany toaster mitts have worn out for anything cold but they are great for spring because I can open up the vent zipper and get air in them when needed. I will be sad if they ever really die.

Also, your edit cracked me up.

TS
kimmyt

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
Those Markers were my old spring gloves and I loooooooved them. I looked (admittedly just on Amazon) and it looks like Markers spring gloves now look different! Unless there is a different name for that model posted above.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hestra Jon Olsson Pro
IMG_6809.JPG

Love these gloves. Have leashes, a tab to attach to a pack to dry, plus use to pull them on. Duh, why don't other gloves have it. Good looking. Great glove, very expensive. I got a pair for half off. Bought on a lark, they became a favorite purchase. I may be mildly dissapointed with all the other Hestras I've had. Not these.

They're not for real warm temps though. They have some insulation and padding. For real warm go with those Markers above, or Scott and Rossi have similar. Or do the mechanics or work glove. Some work gloves have nice kevlar palms.

Better looking than the photo. I think they also might make it in a more white version.

Last edited:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Those Markers were my old spring gloves and I loooooooved them. I looked (admittedly just on Amazon) and it looks like Markers spring gloves now look different! Unless there is a different name for that model posted above.
I looked too. I think they're Marker Montanas. I found them on eBay but I'm not sure I'd trust the seller.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Beloved
20191203_193120-01.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
But so much depends on how they happen to fit your hands. Mine are pudgy.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not leather, but I use the Head running gloves you get at Costco for about $12. Enough to keep the morning chill off, light and breathable enough so you don't get wet hands from perspiration. They're also compatible, at least for a while, on the phone touch screen. Honestly, between the light running gloves and the somewhat heavier Head gloves that have some nylon on the back, I'm set unless it's a)wet out or b)really cold, below 15° or so.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
I got the Free the Powder spring gloves. Current version is called the BC about $50

I've got a pair of those and I've been really happy with them. They're pretty comfortable in a pretty wide range of temperatures. I also have a pair of burton pipe gloves that are really thin for super warm days.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Check out Rossignol gloves on google, not the actual Rossignol home site though.
Lots of options.

Sponsor

Staff online