• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Favorite Mountain or Resort Bar/Tavern

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I know this isn’t for everyone but I like to end my ski day with an adult beverage or 3, especially when I’m traveling to ski. I was wondering what everyone’s favorite bar-tavern-restaurant is for your after ski activities? For me I love Bart & Yeti’s at Vail.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Any bar with Sip of Sunshine on draft. Just kidding, a little..... I'm not a fancy girl so not into boujee places. Had a great time at Heavenly village at many of the outdoor places there to sit back and have a cold one. I like the base lodge bar at Lake Louise in Calgary..... I don't really have a sheer favorite.... I like the bars at my home mountains. Scott, Wendy and Gabi take care of us at Bromley and Denise, Olympia and company always take great care of us at Magic. The best bars are the make your own ones from tail gating in the parking lot.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We don't go out or night life per se, but it was fun watching the Patriots beat the Jets at the Killington K1 lodge after the world cup races. Otherwise I'll take a dive bar with good wings over anything too popular. Or anywhere people have fun and dance in ski boots.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
MRG bar

Mangy Moose, Jackson Hole

T-Bar, Steamboat

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Does the Heavy MTL concert count as a "resort"? If so I try to spend a couple of hours at this nearby bar (everything is nearby when you have a metro) after the concert shows end.
https://www.facebook.com/coopkatacombes/
27332730_10157092830903206_245604361516218287_n.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hard to argue with the Mangy Moose, but honestly, my JH preference these days is actually Dietrich's, right across from the Tram Dock.

Quieter is betterer as I age, I guess!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a big bar guy, but here are a few memorable ones: Matterhorn on Stowe access road, Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs, PA on an NFL Sunday, Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville UT near Snowbasin.
Over in the Alps there are tons of scenic on-mtn huttes that are great places for taking a libation.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not a big bar guy, but here are a few memorable ones: Matterhorn on Stowe access road, Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs, PA on an NFL Sunday, Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville UT near Snowbasin.
Over in the Alps there are tons of scenic on-mtn huttes that are great places for taking a libation.

I was wondering when the Foggy Goggle would show up. It’s one of my favorites.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When Betsy Pratt owned it and before the new owners..The Mad River Barn used to rock. Craig and Vicki were a hoot to hang with.

Sponsor

Staff online