• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Figured we need this thread, this is from my first winter ride last week, Super fun, can't believe I waited this long to get a fat bike.

fullsizeoutput_8b2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8b5.jpeg
daR7f7raRfucUlMgaxBkiA.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First ride today. Got my girls ‘(8&11) fatbikes set up with the studded tires to ride to school.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Hey @Slim You coming up this season? We had some great turns last year. Bring the pow back up.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
A few from this AM. we got a few inches overnight and I took the Big Iron out. Had a ton of fun today and learned a lot about bike handling in fresh snow and narrow twisting trails. No falls but plenty of dabs! climbing is still easier on this bike, I started out on Emerald Mtn which is across from the resort (Mt Werner) and climbed 1000' in just over 2 miles (no one said I was fast though) then across some untracked singletrack climbing up and through twisty trees and the descent home. I have to work on bike handling but figured out that its better to stay off the front brake, and pedal easy to avoid spinouts. But, super fun!

fullsizeoutput_8d2.jpeg
EJhAr47KRlWuwvbQMmBtAg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_8d0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8cb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8ce.jpeg

Last edited:

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Who's doing the Silverton Whiteout 10 hour?

Sponsor

Staff online