• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fashionably Late..Who has not skied yet this year?

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Fingers crossed for Friday at Xtal. 2019-12-10_1551.png

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Inland PNW is pretty sparse. Haven't been yet. Supposed to be decent storm this Thur Fri Sat and Sun. We'll see, I am ready all skis waxed and ready to go. My rock skis (lst yr Blizz Bonafides) have 3 repaired core shots but conditions are so meager I am waiting.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have not. But such is life living about 2hrs from nearest small pononos skiing and basically only the weekends of free time. And too much of that (especially this time of year) simply has too many obligations.

What can ya do? So many times i wish I lived a short hop to ski slopes. I would have seasons and id get it in almost whenever i could. I also wish that was much more than the poconos but again what can ya do? Life is what it is. Ill get out there soon enough and as usual only hope conditions are better than laughable slush or boiler plate.

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
Finally! Whitewater was claiming 46" this morning, with 4" overnight.

It wasn't the deepest snowpack ever, and there is still willow poking out (it gets more than 6 feet tall in the summer), but it was worth the drive.

P1110097 e-1 r.jpg

P1110106 e-1 r.jpg

Quite skiable! :)

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Next week for me - We usually head out to CO the first week of December but were in Euroland this year. I slid down a run for 20 yards in my chelsea boots in Innsbruck - does that count?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Getting out tomorrow for my first outing, as my newly retired wife dragged me to Mexico for 3 weeks and we just got back.

My home hill is expecting 6+ inches overnight, so I will be bring 3 skis with me and get there early for first tracks. Normally my hill is always nicely groomed, except when there is the rare overnight dump.

Mittengirl

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I haven"t yet. Been so busy with the holidays approaching. We are taking the RV to Austin TX (from MI) to visit my sister for Christmas. I just keep wishing she lived in CO or UT or something.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not since March of 2018, unfortunately... (health issues last year). And the weather here in Northeast PA has not been conducive to any sustained snowmaking the past few weeks. At this point, waiting for 2020 to get my season underway.
Those pictures from Whitewater are drool-worthy...