• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fashionably Late..Who has not skied yet this year?

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Home from work Tues night and spent most of day moving snow and taking care of two week gone stuff. CRV is loaded and ready for Targhee tomorrow.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Almost there. You can't see the mountain because light snow is falling.
15755501220591231197068.jpg

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
As mentioned above, the PNW is way behind on snow. My brother has a pass at Meadows and took his camper up there for the soft opening last weekend. Said the snow was good but not enough of it. Gonna head to Hokkaido Saturday for a couple days at Kiroro, but even they are well below average for open terrain and snowfall.

First half of January will be skiing the East and in this bizarro world, that might well be the best snow conditions I get this year.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Started yesterday - early for me this season. A big storm will move me into action. I am never ashamed about waiting for snow.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Depressing for sure. I even sold my old rock skis 2 weeks ago. I have my eye on Mission. If they get chair 2 open I'll be taking a road trip.

I don't know, maybe should have kept the rock skis and sold the powder skis. ogwink

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The plan is Stratton on the 13th for me, provided I'm not working. *fingers crossed* ... *and toes*

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The plan is Stratton on the 13th for me, provided I'm not working. *fingers crossed* ... *and toes*
Sounds like a bad cough coming on, Dave...
I was wondering if this was still in your plans.

I'm probably going to do that too -- drive up Thursday night, ski Friday and Saturday. Waiting till those days are in the weather forecast window before committing. Oh heck, maybe I'll ski regardless...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a bad cough coming on, Dave...
I was wondering if this was still in your plans.

I'm probably going to do that too -- drive up Thursday night, ski Friday and Saturday. Waiting till those days are in the weather forecast window before committing. Oh heck, maybe I'll ski regardless...
At this point, the weather doesn't matter. If I'm not working - or if I can do some things remotely - I'll be there. And if I'm there, I'll be in touch!

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Well, when you don't live anywhere close to ski country...

First trip planned for next week! Fly into Denver on evening of the 10th. Plan to be at Vail on the 11th; Breck on the 12th. Pick up my youngest son, whom I haven't seen in nine months (he was stationed overseas) and his girlfriend on the 13th. We plan on skiing Breck, Vail, BC and Loveland (hope to spot Nay and the porcupines at The Luv) before they fly out on the 22nd. I fly out on morning of the 24th, but will be back in CO on Jan 1 for a second trip.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
supposed to open this weekend so that means I'm scheduled to patrol. WROD flat green beginner run will be the only thing open. It's all good.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I Refuse To Answer On The Grounds That I May Incriminate Myself.

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
I skied here in Australia in August but haven’t seen snow this northern hemisphere winter yet. I will be flying into a city called Sapporo in exactly one week from now though.......

Sponsor

Staff online