• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Famous celebrity skiers

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
The first time I went to Park City, I was in one of the ski shops one evening and saw a quite tall black guy getting some final adjustments on his boots. I didn’t pay much attention to who it was, but after a while I realised that the shop guy would not stop talking. He just kept going on and on about late-80’s and early-90’s NBA games and players, while the customer just sat fairly quietly.

As the customer made his way toward the door with all of his gear, I couldn’t figure out why my mother had taken out her phone to take a picture. But then I realised it was Michael Jordan.

Sorry, I didn’t get a good look at his boots and skis.

Michael Jordan sightings in Park City are very common. He plays golf there all the time. I once saw former NBA all star Deron Williams and MJ heading out to play a round at one of the local courses. I don't know how frequently he skis in PC. A few years ago I saw Dr. J (Julius Erving) in Park City during the summer. Don't know whether he's a skier but he used to live in southern UT (St. George). I saw former NFL quarterback Steve Young skiing at Deer Valley many years ago.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
View attachment 71614
Nice photo of Cher. Later than one below.
My favorite is at Aspen Highlands mid lodge. Probably very early 70's. Last time we were there I got the manager to take us downstairs to see it as it was closed. But, the photo was removed from the wall. Used to be in the bathroom before the removations.

View attachment 71620
Flush of youth, before the huge celebrity status, having fun. Just outside where tbe mid lodge is. Terrible image through the glass with reflection. Never seen it online.

Come on! Really? Damn, I know someone who just went to a talk /book signing. Would have had them ask him.

Hah I've looked at a pair of those Metallica skis for a few years in a shop. Retail was like $900. Armada invictus 87 or 9. You could get them for half that, they still have them. Nice looking ski.
Pepin released an autobiography about 3-4 years ago. Dedicated a lot of space to discussing skiing, and, specifically, teaching at Hunter. Was before he became famous. Its a very good read. A lot about skiing, cooking, business, growing up during WWII in occupied France, and being influenced by strong women (not just Julia Child). Very well written. Damn funny at times. Probably had a ghost writer, but if so, somebody who really took the time to understand and work with him.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bill Belickick was at the bar at Bretton Woods a couple years ago and of course Bode at BodeFest at Cannon.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well I see Tom Brady all the time on the slopes, in the liftline. Lots of sightings. Wears the jersey. Thing is, he's always a different size. He's a shape shifter. Looks like he's 10-12 sometimes. Other times normal size. Plus, I usually see him on Sundays when they have a game. Yeah, there's something weird going on with that guy.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Doesn't David Coverdale live in Incline? And James Hetfield has recently moved to Vail.
I just saw that he's selling his Tahoe house. For 9.8 mil it can be yours.