• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Famous celebrity skiers

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Beastie Boys
011250efbfb8fbe1e7dd699454c14a59.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I got a few hard looks from some guys leading a gaggle down a blue run when I came over a ridge from off-piste and slipped down in front of them a couple of years ago.
I was a good 10m or so ahead, didn't cross in front of them, and didn't interrupt their flow in any way, so i thought they were just posturing for the young ladies in their group.
Later that day found out that the daughter of the crown prince's younger brother and her friends had been skiing there (Oku-Shiga Kogen, for those that know it) all day, an "ah, soo" moment.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
He probably felt it was too warm for decent skiing! ogsmile

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Disney brought in lots of Hollywood types to Sugar Bowl, including Marilyn Monroe.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I remember hearing that Tony Danza had a bad crash at Deer Valley a few years back...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I remember hearing that Tony Danza had a bad crash at Deer Valley a few years back...

Many of his later career boxing matches were also bad crashes. He was pretty good at the gold gloves level but kind of got crushed after going pro. My father was a big boxing fan and I remember him talking about Danza in the early Taxi days.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I took this pic at a ski event in Vail in 2010. The reason I recognized this couple was at the time my wife enjoyed watching "THE BACHELOR".

DSCF0802.JPG

Ryan and Trista Sutter

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I took this pic at a ski event in Vail in 2010. The reason I recognized this couple was at the time my wife enjoyed watching "THE BACHELOR".

View attachment 26185
Ryan and Trista Sutter

Probably the only normal couple ever on the show. They are next door neighbors of a family that we know in Avon. I think that Ryan is a fireman. And rumor has it that he can ski. Good one.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably the only normal couple ever on the show. They are next door neighbors of a family that we know in Avon. I think that Ryan is a fireman. And rumor has it that he can ski. Good one.

I have seen Ryan ski and he is pretty good. He was on Team Fleischer for a LEGENDS ski race.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rode up the Aspen Mt Gondola once with Ed Bradley from 60 minutes.

Was in the Warm Springs lift line (regular line) when John Kerry, running for president, and his entourage were in the special line. He was on a snowboard, but I didn't have the guts to tell my favorite snowboard joke.

Probably seen some others I didn't recognize.

Sponsor

Staff online