• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0836.JPG

I believe @Max Capacity took this one of me at Okemo at the bottom of Forrest Bump. I will post more...many more as the thread builds.

I will not post pics of others without their written consent...or unless I am into my 3rd glass of :rocks:, which ever comes first.

RatherBSk11ng

Booting up
Skier
Oh man... I have a good wipeout video of myself on Airglow @ Sunday River from about ten years ago that a friend took with a GoPro... I'll have to dig it up for this thread. I *think* I know where to find it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh man... I have a good wipeout video of myself on Airglow @ Sunday River from about ten years ago that a friend took with a GoPro... I'll have to dig it up for this thread. I *think* I know where to find it.
Sidebar...WOW, you joined on day two of the site and this is just your first post? Talk about taking your time and starting with baby steps. ;)

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish I had crash photos I just don't. Or even just data from a flight recorder.

There are two I really wish I had. The free fallish tumble from far left Daves at Mammoth after ejecting from both skis through breakable crust. And then also of the ski patroller that went in to retrieve the skis. I guess I don't need photos of mine it had to be like his only with more skis.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No photos, but I fell once at the top of a steep couloir, and i tomahawked for about 600 ft, backwards.

My wife skied first and she was watching me tumble, 20 ft in the air, hit on my back and repeat many times. Her thought: he's dead, how do i handle this, 8 miles from the trailhead?

I didn't die.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Well, there was the time my left foot went under a buried log, and my right foot went around the end of it, and I ended up stretched out down the hill, hanging by the safety strap from my left foot. I'm soooo glad there was no one there to record that one.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately, my best crash was observed by both @Philpug and @Tricia but neither had the camera rolling. I really would have liked to see that one. Rag dolling down the chute at Mt. Rose. Very scary. Good news is my shoulder is as good as new after surgery. Bad news is I still have to make that run my biatch!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My falls are usually stupid and user errors such as it freaks me out when I'm skiing above the treeline at Sunshine Village, I got disoriented and just fell over. Another time I was skiing in what I'd consider lots of powder,at Sugarbush I sunk my tips and face planted. On of my fun snowboarding ones was when I was at the summit of Mammoth on a VERY windy day, switched to my toe edge and at that very moment a gust of wind came up behind me and b!tch slapped the back of my head and slammed me face down into the ground. Another time when I was just learning to snowboard I was flat on my board, caught a front edge and pile drove myself into the ground, that was a fun one and the LAST time I ever did that.

I have no footage since I'm the one who wears the go pro and I've never crashed wearing it so no exciting footage of me going a$$ over head.

:crash:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 56410
Mammoth, Climax, sign line
amazing how fast Gore tex is , on your back, head first !
I remember standing at the top right about there as a senior attorney for whom I was clerking and from whom I thought I wanted a job held a yard sale trying to be the big guy. It took him so long to complete the fall I had a conversation during the fall with another clerk and when we finished he was hundreds of yards away and still tumbling.

That may have been when I figured out I wasn't cut out to practice law. Long, very quiet ride home while his ego healed, or didn't.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The most entertaining crash may have been a superman pulled at Northstar two years ago. Following the group I was with and we were crossing one run to an intersection with another. It was snowing and I got a little low on the turnoff but figured I'd just pop through the edge of the groom, through the fresh, and back onto the trail. Little did I know the groomed section was about a half foot or so deeper than the edge, i.e. the groom had made a small cut bank. Two tips into the bank and 15 or 20' later I face planted in the fresh snow. Skis were stuck in the bank. Probably very funny to witness.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I'm glad no-one shot my fall at the start of this season. Skiing in sh*t white-out conditions at jogging speed right beside the lift line of the bottom lift, didn't see major blocks of ice debris from trail construction, tumbled into and onto them - torn intercostal. But the shame and indignity hurt more. :rolleyes:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I seem to like to fall when skiing with the Colorado Crew. I can think of 3. The first was Jones Pass when I found a sapling. Kevin skied up on me somewhat confused to find me in a hole. Then Aspen Highlands of Deep Temerity in a powder tree bump. Christy had to stand guard above me while I righted myself. Then Copper last December. Christy/Jonathan/Susan couldn't even see me as I dug myself out of the unconsolidated powder depression and hiked out. None of them are on camera as far as I know.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Only had one good one in front of a camera for a Ski Country USA film that was made in 67? Have not seen it in many years (nobody uses hand cranked projectors anymore thank God).

Pikes Peak in the big bowl way above the little ski area, an area then known as "Racing Trail". Bluebird CO day, big alpine bowl, sun up the mountain backlighting the action.

Photographers instructions; 'Link turns above the tree, ski around the tree, come out and spray snow on the camera'.

What is on the film; skier links turns above the tree, skier goes behind the tree, all the snow falls off the tree.

Buried a tip under some crust, supermaned into the 10' or 12' evergreen branches and trunk.
The film was funny, the dozen or so stitches not so much.

There were much worse but this one was filmed and used.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
First run of the season, main pitch of Johannsen at Tremblant. Complete yard sale. As I sat there taking stock, this women skis up to me and states "are you OK, that was some fall". All I said was - "thank god that's over. First one of the season!" No video, probably before there was video on your phone!!

Sponsor