• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Did this today on a green groomer.
Embarrassing and painful :doh:

5640E789-A57C-4B93-A933-E9F615A11836.jpeg

Bnet_Bandit

Plastic Slapper
Skier
Not me, but this was the result of a lot of crud in the finish area and a longer than normal course.

Attachments

• Sarah_4.jpg
    Sarah_4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Sarah_3.jpg
    Sarah_3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Sarah_2.jpg
    Sarah_2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Sarah_1.jpg
    Sarah_1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't have any on film, but I have done a few brutal crashes. Have a very sturdy bone structure and lots of luck so no serious damage to this 47 y/o body. I especially remember one on Pista Kandahar in Sestriere. Oh boy. It was mid week early March and completely empty, so I pushed it doing large Super-G turns (really too fast for a public hill, but there was no one)... Suddenly I catch an edge in transistion and one ski is yanked off my foot, just like that. I tumble and bounce and fly. When I finally stop I have no skis. Nothing serious (only a lightly fractured thumb). I look up and see one of my skis sticking straight up from the pist 100 yards further up, like it was intentionally put there. A teenager picks it up and slides down towards me. His face is pale and his hand is shaking when he hands over the ski. I'm sure he was sure that that guy is dead.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No video nor photo evidence of this one...but thought I'd try to paint a picture of my most embarrassing moment to date...

I’ve come to learn you can’t take yourself too seriously. Otherwise it just leads to disappointment, frustration and overall lack of fun. This is especially the case with skiing. I mean you’re connecting a plank, constructed of fiberglass, wood, and metal, to each foot and letting gravity take you to the bottom of the hill; only to go back up and do it again. Pretty silly when you think about it.

Everyone who has skied with me knows I have a fairly acceptable amount of grace when gravitating to the bottom of the hill on skis. They also know the severe lack of grace when standing still, getting on a chairlift or moving slowly on a flat section of trail…a baby fawn with flippers comes to mind.

Last weekend, as most of you know, the Northeast got dumped on…Western Maine got a solid foot and a half of fresh, light, beautiful powder. I don’t remember the last time I had so many untouched lines in a resort setting. This was a day for the books. This was also a day my dear husband will never let me forget…

My husband and I skated through the lift corral, pausing momentarily at the “wait here” location, and pushed on to the “Load Here” zone. Being a fixed grip quad, the kind attendant bumped the chair for us. The chair came to us, and we were whisked away. Still grinning ear to ear from our last run, I settled in, oblivious to what was to come next. The chair swung up. Then back. And forward again. Upon the forward motion, my tip got caught. The lift was too low, there was too much snow! It dug deeper as the chair continued forward. The chair rocked back so far that both my husband and I soon found ourselves in a pile in the snow. He was even more surprised than myself… “What just happened?” he asked. I almost went with the “I have no idea” … before I admitted my foolish mistake . The lift stopped, we picked ourselves up, and went back to the loading zone. Hanging my head low, avoiding eye contact with the one group waiting at the "Wait Here" mark, I apologized profusely to the lift attendant.

Two lessons were learned that day: “Tips up” isn’t just for unloading and never get complacent with loading a chairlift.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty silly when you think about it.
I've said that before too. Up and down and up and down and up and down. Kind of silly! Silly=fun so we keep at it!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It takes A LOT to take me out when skiiing simply because i'm just very solid on my feet. However, that changes when I'm going through a lift line or otherwise navigating very slowly. Love the bambi analogy because I am not graceful and am just clutzy. I once took out 5 other people when getting on the bubble 6 pack chair at mount snow. Unfortunately there was no footage of this fine very embarrassing event.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Usually it involves deep snow, limited visibility and a desire to charge when prudence should be implemented.

My best falls haven't been recorded but typically involve double ejects as some on this site can attest to. Think 'superman'. The only time I recall injury being involved was when I telemarked and did a forward roll (no release) and my tails dug in, my skis were straight up and down and my momentum carried me into the tip of one ski, leading with my lip. 4 stitches set me right and I was grateful the ED doctor took the time to get the colors of the lip aligned so I don't look too broken.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny!! I'm also like I'm on flippers in the lift line.
I have some funny crash video of @utskier I should dig up.