• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2018-10-23_19-44-19.jpeg

@dean_spirito at Snowbird from a couple of seasons ago. Dean makes for excellent crash pics.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
12672042_10207644810065706_3707316360766945624_o (1).jpg
I don't have a picture of the actual fall, but this was a picture I took right after sliding down the Wall at Kirkwood, of the trail I left sliding much of the way head first.
The fall was not my worst because it happened as I was dropping in, but the slide was the worst I've experienced.

The lower picture is of the run, taken from the lift. Conditions were very firm that day, I fell at the top and slid over all those hard bumps and ridges. I spent the rest of the season skiing with pain medication hangovers, because my ribs were so bruised for so long that I couldn't sleep without painkillers.

12657921_10207644804625570_5138112595420322371_o.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 56432

@dean_spirito at Snowbird from a couple of seasons ago. Dean makes for excellent crash pics.

In the spirit of the above photo...the better the skier, the better the wipeout pictures:
I was at Snowbird 1/28/18 and got together with @Michael R. We are under the Mineral Basin chair and I told him to ski past me and I would take some pictures.

He's looking good and I tell him to ski close to the camera.

I steered him right toward a two foot rock, probably much bigger underneath. It's just below his ski tips in this pic.

I almost get him splattered.

but he scrambles and recovers.

What did JimK just try to do to me?

Later we make up and are all smiles looking off the back of the saddle above Bookends area. That's 11,749 Mt Timpanogos in background.

I'll have to look for more wipeout photos/video.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Only one on video. The dangers of the WROD once the race teams showed up. Racer skied off saying I turned into his lane. His coach saw the whole thing and made him publically apologize on the teams facebook page.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Hey, I don't fall.

Just kidding.

No during, plenty of after.

Others have seen me double eject and get up laughing. It is best to fall when others can see it rather than keeping it to yourself.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Only one on video. The dangers of the WROD once the race teams showed up. Racer skied off saying I turned into his lane. His coach saw the whole thing and made him publically apologize on the teams facebook page.

"Dude, you're in my line" :nono:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, I don't fall.

Just kidding.

No during, plenty of after.

Others have seen me double eject and get up laughing. It is best to fall when others can see it rather than keeping it to yourself.

I remember the day at Loveland when we both pancaked on the cat track about 10 yards from each other. I also remember the day at Breck when you went airborne with your feet above your head. Good times.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I can't show you the fall...........but I can show you the result.
Knee X ray 4.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online