• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fall Jacket That Breathes

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So is anyone using a jacket with windproof front and highly breathable back? I see a lot of shells but I always find they still don't breathe or vent well enough. Waterproof is not really a consideration but not a fail either. I had a beauty jacket back in the day, gore-tex front, fabric back. Haven't seen one quite like that yet. What are The Sweaty Crew wearing in colder weather????

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Colder weather? My Garmin was showing 99F!

In October, at Halloween that is, I will be using a Sugoi 2-piece vest/jacket - the vest back is completely open mesh that gets covered by a sort of capelet when the sleeves go on. The whole thing is magnetised and zipperless, takes 10 seconds to go from vest to jacket and back again. I think the Versa II is the closest they have in the current lineup.

If I want something warmer I use the Gore-tex jacket - but that is more a December garment.

I've posted elsewhere about my addiction to SIX2 cycling base layers.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Arcteryx do some jackets which have hybrid material use, I.e waterproof front with a more breathable back.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Colder weather? My Garmin was showing 99F!

In October, at Halloween that is, I will be using a Sugoi 2-piece vest/jacket - the vest back is completely open mesh that gets covered by a sort of capelet when the sleeves go on. The whole thing is magnetised and zipperless, takes 10 seconds to go from vest to jacket and back again. I think the Versa II is the closest they have in the current lineup.

If I want something warmer I use the Gore-tex jacket - but that is more a December garment.

I've posted elsewhere about my addiction to SIX2 cycling base layers.
Something like this..?
https://garneau.com/ca_en/cabriolet-cycling-jacket-1030215

Do the magnets actually work???

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Yeh, that looks spitting close - can't really tell what the back looks like; on mine everything under the capelet is open mesh.

Do the magnets actually work???

It's unbelievable how quickly, too. One sleeve, two sleeve- boom the jacket is in place. No zips no nuthin'.

The only downside I've found is that the material is an absolute beast to repair if it tears. My current one is actually the second instance I've bought - the first took a 5cm rip behind the armpit and couldn't be stitched or taped together - tape doesn't hold and the stitches ripped through even more material. This one has a bit of a rip next the back pocket but I've managed to hold it together - sort of. Don't put keys in the pocket, eh.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'm thinking that's going to be too hot for me..that's a legit jacket. I find the magnet thing brilliant. Who'd a thunk?

1030215_115_14.jpg

I'm thinking more like this with a long sleeve tech shirt or arm warmers..
https://garneau.com/ca_en/nova-2-cycling-vest-1028101

Sponsor

Staff online