• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Factory Tune Edge #s For Salomon, Rossi and Nordica

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am trying to find some factory tune edge angles for Salomon, Rossi and Nordica skis. Specifically for Salomon models Max Blast and Bold, Rossi Hero MT and Exp 88Ti, And Nordica Enforcer 93 and 100s.Does any one the best place to find these reference numbers?
Thanks
Opening Day 11/22!!!ogsmileogsmile

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
https://www.pugski.com/threads/evo-link-to-factory-edge-bevel-levels.16572/

Thread with link to EVO page that list most manufacturers and models edge levels. They will of course vary ski to ski along with base flatness. Find it’s very rare to find a perfectly flat base and consistent edge angle on most new skis. Most will need some tuning to get perfect.

As mentioned in the thread, you can adjust levels from “factory” to your preference in most cases although there are some exceptions.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The last few Nordicas I have had access to where 1/3. I believe a few others had the same result. The base where also flat, which has not always been the case.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The last few Nordicas I have had access to where 1/3. I believe a few others had the same result. The base where also flat, which has not always been the case.

My last 2 Enforcers were both edge high which seems to be common but after a stone grind they were good. The side edges were between 2-3 degrees and just needed a quick touch up by hand to be consistent.

I’m 0 for 25 on flat bases on new/used skis I’ve bought over the last few years. Some are close and some WAY off. I seem to be luckier with edges being close. :huh:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
'Factory tune' actually means 'Tune before use'.
Some are worse than others but ALL can use some help to get the most out of them.

TS
noggin

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thank for the info!
Opening day moved up 11/15!!

Sponsor