• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fabulous inappropriate gear names

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
RD's Bad Bitch from The Most Pioneering Women's Skis.

rd-bad-bitch-jpg.30405

RD Bad Bitch
The first chick ski

Step forward into the late 1980s: the Bad Bitch wasn't just a women's ski; it was a chick ski. RD had decided to produce a complement to its top-selling ski, the Bad Dog, and call it the Bad Bitch. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the marketing meeting when they came up with the name. No, I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation was alcohol-induced. (In fact, my money would be on tequila and the use of the words, "I double dog dare ya.") Was the Bad Bitch actually a good ski? I don't know, and I don’t think it mattered: I doubt anyone bought it for its performance. A woman bought it to make a statement that she wasn't just a gal who skied, she was a skier chick. In doing this, RD paved the way for Armada to name a ski the VJJ.

I was an RD dealer. The Bad Bitch and Bad Dog were made by Elan. They were basically an Elan RC Comprex, so a very good ski! And yes, they were purchased for a purpose!!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
great brand but opted out set when wife read the name

Head SKis.PNG

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Well somehow Douchebag ski bags had made that name work for them.

At the bar après ski:

Cute Girl: Cool onsie, what is it.

Ski bro: It's a Fartbag

Cute girl: (Turns green, walks away)
:huh:

Full disclosure, I'd love a decent onsie with full zip legs if they were made well.

skibabe

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
RD's Bad Bitch from The Most Pioneering Women's Skis.

rd-bad-bitch-jpg.30405

RD Bad Bitch
The first chick ski

Step forward into the late 1980s: the Bad Bitch wasn't just a women's ski; it was a chick ski. RD had decided to produce a complement to its top-selling ski, the Bad Dog, and call it the Bad Bitch. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the marketing meeting when they came up with the name. No, I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation was alcohol-induced. (In fact, my money would be on tequila and the use of the words, "I double dog dare ya.") Was the Bad Bitch actually a good ski? I don't know, and I don’t think it mattered: I doubt anyone bought it for its performance. A woman bought it to make a statement that she wasn't just a gal who skied, she was a skier chick. In doing this, RD paved the way for Armada to name a ski the VJJ.
I still have my pair. Started as a joke but they were great skis. Dragged them all over the world. Finally retired them when teaching my (then) 3 year old to ski...getting dirty looks from the snow bunny moms.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Blizzard Bushwhacker? Yeah, yeah. I know that's not where they're going with it.

Sponsor

Staff online