• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fútbol, The Global Kind

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It was a tight game. Great defense at both ends.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Messi has said he won't play for the National Team anymore!

I'm striking that up as a heat-of-the-moment statement.

It's the other players who should own up. Higuain should have scored at least once, Kun Aguero either shot when he shoulda passed or skyed the ball or both ... I mean, Messi has 4 guys on him, there are open players somewhere.

That said, it was an amazingly scrappy game, in a good and a bad way. Both teams gave everything, you can't ask for much more than that. (Just a little more mental composure from ARG, I think.)

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wow, soft goal! 2-1 country nobody expected to be in the knockouts.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, soft goal! 2-1 country nobody expected to be in the knockouts.

The lead-up was gorgeous, though. ENG just watching, but still.

And it's refreshing to watch a game where the players just get on with it after they get knocked down.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In a shocking election today England just voted to leave the Euro 2016 bwahahahahahaha!

James

Out There
Instructor
What did I tell you about England? Steaming pile of manure. Though I did think they would beat Iceland!
"Calamitous!"
First Brexit, now this. I might have to get an English paper tmrw.

That young kid who came on like in the 87th minute actually made a difference. But too late.

Arg-Chile was a snooze fest. And the rolling around as if you've been shot was near intolerable. Just cynical soccer. I think Ally Wagner mentioned th field was narrower at Met Life stadium and made tge space too tight.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Germany beats Italy on pk's despite missing 2 and one save. Italy's pk's were just worse.

Meanwhile, Wales will play Portugal on Wed with a chance to beat the strutting hair gelled peacock Ronaldo and make the finals.

The Icemen play France tmrw!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'll be wearing a France kit tomorrow only because I don't have an Iceland jersey hahaha. Gotta admit I think it would be fabulous for Iceland to make it all the way to the finals, and..... GASP! win it all???

James

Out There
Instructor
I'll be wearing a France kit tomorrow only because I don't have an Iceland jersey hahaha. Gotta admit I think it would be fabulous for Iceland to make it all the way to the finals, and..... GASP! win it all???
Yeah how about Wales vs Iceland for the finals!
Never happen. Iceland would have to go through Germany if they could somehow beat France.
Wales has a good chance of making the finals.They're missing Ramsey though for Portugal. But Portugal has yet to win a game in 90 minutes.
I'm picking Wales over Portugal, France over Iceland though rooting for Iceland.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Who is the coach at Iceland? I haven't followed the sport as closely in a couple years. If he doesn't have a great Premiere or La Liga gig he will pretty soon.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ise-euro-2016-gylfi-sigurdsson-lars-lagerback

This is pretty good explanation. And this:

Cl-5lqCWEAEn97D.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Safe money's on Germany. Emotional money is on Iceland!

James

Out There
Instructor
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
During the England game one of the announcers said something like 'there are about 100 players in the Premiere League from Iceland.. that is probably highest per capita..' . Can't recall exactly but it was something to that effect.. They followed it up by suggesting there was really nothing else to do there except commit bank fraud hahahaha..

James

Out There
Instructor
During the England game one of the announcers said something like 'there are about 100 players in the Premiere League from Iceland.. that is probably highest per capita..' . Can't recall exactly but it was something to that effect.. They followed it up by suggesting there was really nothing else to do there except commit bank fraud hahahaha..
That sounds absurd. And like ..England is the underdog lol.
There's 2 in the premier league afai can tell. Most play in Norway and Sweden. I don't think it totals 50 the number playing in top foreign leagues.
The list:
http://us.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/iceland/
Anyway, they're underway now!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Midnight! Cinderella's ball is over..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That sounds absurd. And like ..England is the underdog lol.
There's 2 in the premier league afai can tell. Most play in Norway and Sweden. I don't think it totals 50 the number playing in top foreign leagues.
The list:
http://us.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/iceland/
Anyway, they're underway now!
I suspect they were talking ALL TIME, not just this season, and also including La Liga and some other leagues..

James

Out There
Instructor
Well the Ice hath melted. It's 4-0 France at the half.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Again, clock past midnight. They've got nothing to be ashamed of. They should hold their heads high. Just getting this far is HUGE for Iceland. Congrats to them.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January