• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fútbol, The Global Kind

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm pulling for England in the Euro... I'm used to disappointment growing up as a Vikings fan hahaha!
You realize England will go down- not even in flames but a steaming pile of manure. I've given up on England. There's just not much to root for anymore. Theyre basically the Mets pre July 31, 2015. Just a mess that can never put anything together and a soap opera. I give Northern Ireland as much hope.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You realize England will go down- not even in flames but a steaming pile of manure. I've given up on England. There's just not much to root for anymore. Theyre basically the Mets pre July 31, 2015. Just a mess that can never put anything together and a soap opera. I give Northern Ireland as much hope.
Yes, but the Mets were "Amazing" in 1986 hahaha.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
slide_2.jpg

football-team-tactics-6-728.jpg

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Total slaughter by Argentina. The US played poorly all over the field. Giveaways in front of the penalty area, bad passing, even Guzman was poor many times. More than just Bradley with bad giveaways. He usually drives me nuts. Everything they had to do they didn't and they got killed in a game that really wasn't competitive.
Argentina started dropping like flies with injuries. Arg/Chile would be a good matchup but many players s em to be out now.
I guess no credit goes to the incredible high pressure by Argentina? Argentina contested almost every USA pass. Argentina looked like they were playing with 12 men and the USA looked like they were playing with 8 men.

James

Out There
Instructor
I guess no credit goes to the incredible high pressure by Argentina? Argentina contested almost every USA pass. Argentina looked like they were playing with 12 men and the USA looked like they were playing with 8 men.
Of course they get credit. Doesn't change the performance of US. No pressure at all. Not even 1 yellow card!

Meanwhile, England will play Iceland!! As much asI'd like to see England actually win something, I've got to root for Iceland.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Of course they get credit. Doesn't change the performance of US. No pressure at all. Not even 1 yellow card!

Meanwhile, England will play Iceland!! As much asI'd like to see England actually win something, I've got to root for Iceland.
I guess you missed the fact that England beat Wales in group play???

Yes, the will still lose after a tight win over Iceland..

James

Out There
Instructor
I guess you missed the fact that England beat Wales in group play???

Yes, the will still lose after a tight win over Iceland..
They barely beat Wales!
Still, I was hoping for England-Portugal where I'd root for England.
Another pk missed today by Austria!

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier

Wondolowski got a yellow for his tackle of Messi and Messi scored on the free kick. The USA did not have a shot on goal. When Argentina scored at 3 minutes the USA was reminded how quick Argentina could score and could not commit to attacking the ball. All USA passes were rushed - big kudos to Argentina as they completely dominated the game from start to finish. To USA's credit, they did not roll over like Mexico did when they lost 7-0, but USA had no chance.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wondolowski got a yellow for his tackle of Messi and Messi scored on the free kick. The USA did not have a shot on goal. When Argentina scored at 3 minutes the USA was reminded how quick Argentina could score and could not commit to attacking the ball. All USA passes were rushed - big kudos to Argentina as they completely dominated the game from start to finish. To USA's credit, they did not roll over like Mexico did when they lost 7-0, but USA had no chance.
True that was the one yellow. And not a bad one at all. Not much you can do when Messi takes a shot like that other than wish Messi was Ronaldo instead.

It will now be Argentina vs Chile. This has the potential to be a very good game esp if Chile plays with as much energy as they did under Mexico.

Meanwhile, Ireland beats Italy and will advance!
Austria is dead and buried.

Saturday is an insane day of soccer. There's like 4 games including US/Columbia at 7 or 8pm.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm out hiking and camping in the mountains off the grid this weekend with my daughter. Will dive back in to the Euros next week. In the meantime I'm hoping Messi gets the Copa. He deserves it as much as anyone ever did. Higuin has also paid a lot of dues at the national level. Argentina!!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Missed the first half. Why are they both down a man? Two red cards???

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Missed the first half. Why are they both down a man? Two red cards???

It's a mess. Lots of fouling, the ref lost control and started throwing cards around everywhere in a misguided attempt to insert his authority. First sending off was two yellows (and the second yellow was a baaaad call), then he evened it up with an even worse call on a straight red. Too bad, I was looking forward to this, but it's kinda meh by now.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah this game disintegrated into boredom. Now going into overtime. Was there even a shot on goal in the second half?

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OT picked up, at least. I hope someone scores before spot kicks, though.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
ok I feel bad because I called both Argie misses. It's a dark gift.

James

Out There
Instructor
Messi has said he won't play for the National Team anymore!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, he (Messi) missed one in his entire career. Sad that his nation has abandoned him over that.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January