• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fútbol, The Global Kind

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My preferences in order:

USA of course
Mexico (Wearing a Chichirito #14 right now!)
Argentina. Messi's supposed to play tomorrow!
Brasil? Love to hate them and enjoyed watching them fail miserably lately but time for them to be worthy of hate again hahaha!

James

Out There
Instructor
What would happen to the tournament with the Wall?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lost their cool... Questionable calls sure... but making it WAY worse..

James

Out There
Instructor
That was a good game. Couple chances on both sides missed . Zardes for US missed a huge opportunity.
In general in or near the box too many tickey tack passes in offensive zone instead of shooting or getting it to the open guy outside.

Guzan in goal came up big. Brooks is probably player of the match and likely saved a goal on that 3 on 1.

An absurd amount of yellow cards.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
CRC's beating Lumbo LOL!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Tico's finally found their A game. Not many bad calls, much better officiated game. They withstood a massive barrage at the end, great saves and all to hang on to win.

James

Out There
Instructor
2 Pk's missed today! Ronaldo hit the post on his!
Venezula tried to chip up the middle.
Mexico/Chile on now should be a good game.

James

Out There
Instructor
Good lord it's 5-0 Chile and there's 30 min left.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Good lord it's 5-0 Chile and there's 30 min left.
I flipped to the Spanish language channel at about that same moment then said Ay Carramba! and went to sleep hahaha!

Can they do that to Columbia? I doubt we'll beat Argentina.

James

Out There
Instructor
7-0! And fans left the building esp at 5-0. An absolute thrashing.

As good as Argentina looked, Venezuela should have had at least the Pk goal, then they had that stupid giveaway. Plus their goalie is suspect with one goal soft. Add all that up and it's 3-3.
Still, we're also missing Wood - one of our best offensive players, and Jones.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What a shot! That's why he's the best in the game today! Must be the double knot..

James

Out There
Instructor
Total slaughter by Argentina. The US played poorly all over the field. Giveaways in front of the penalty area, bad passing, even Guzman was poor many times. More than just Bradley with bad giveaways. He usually drives me nuts. Everything they had to do they didn't and they got killed in a game that really wasn't competitive.
Argentina started dropping like flies with injuries. Arg/Chile would be a good matchup but many players s em to be out now.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I suspect most of the injuries were over dramatized with the game well in hand and they even made us look bad playing with ten. Argentina will be at or very close to 100% in the final.

As for the US, missing key players was part of it. What the coach in me saw was players 2nd guessing themselves and that hesitation gave the opponent the little bit of extra time they needed to intercept the poor decisions made by over thinking when and where to pass.

Guzan played pretty well. It could have been worse short of some really good saves. First goal was flukish but the rest he had little to no chance of stopping.

Last edited:
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Argentina worked the triangles to perfection with crisp, quick, one touch passes end to end with authority. US would look up to pass then seem to change their mind to fake one way then pass the other. The only people faked out were their own players who were still heading where they thought the initial pass was going.

James

Out There
Instructor
Guzan also got lucky getting caught out beyond the penalty area at least once. The whole team was at 6's and 7's. Poor.

Well Wales is on a roll!
Spain looked pathetic against Croatia.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Guzan also got lucky getting caught out beyond the penalty area at least once. The whole team was at 6's and 7's. Poor.

Well Wales is on a roll!
Spain looked pathetic against Croatia.
I'm pulling for England in the Euro... I'm used to disappointment growing up as a Vikings fan hahaha!

Sponsor

Staff online