• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Extreme Alpinist Davo Karničar Passes in a Tree Cutting Accident

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Elan skis produced this article just days before Davo met an untimely death in a work related accident
Down the Mountain on His Skis August 14, 2019
^^^This is a really interesting read ^^^

Just days later he was involved in a tree cutting incident and succumbed to his injuries.
Davo was building a mountain lodge in Jerzesko with a mission to provide wealth of information to alpine skiers to educate them with the best information possible.

Davo .jpg

Its stories like these that stun me, imagining the high risk things he did on the mountains and dies close to home doing something unrelated to his high risk life.

Rest well Davo.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Primoz , did you know him?
Slovenia is small, ski business (he was serviceman same time as I was) is even smaller, so yeah I did know him. We were never some great friends or something, more like acquaintances, but we did ski together few times in last decade. He was super nice guy any way you look at, but we were just not really on same wavelenght. And yeah he will be missed, big time, not to mention he was legend in extreme skiing. He was probably not really famous around the world, as he was never type of person who would be showing off, and he didn't give a shi*t about marketing himself, but he did ski insane stuff. I remember several skiing clips which people nowadays credit to guys like Heitz etc., but were in reality all skied and shot by Davo. But with no Red Bull on your helmet, he was basically noname to general public. Inside of skiing, he was legend for all things he skied.
Irony is, that he always came back from those dangerous and crazy ski trips, but on the end he dies cutting trees... He was alone (from what I heard it probably wouldn't matter even if he would have someone else there) cutting trees near his home, less then 20km from my home, when one tree snapped and crashed on him.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Absolutely no doubt.
In fact, I think Farming is one of the most dangerous jobs(emphasis on "one of")

Correct. Fishing too.

Sponsor

Staff online