• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So how many Pugski(ers) are thinking of adding a pair or three of these awesome Pivot Forzas' to a pair of ski when available???

Just to get things rolling, and if there was ANY doubt.... I AM!!! :D :golfclap::yahoo: :daffy::crossfingers: :wag:

Who else?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Forza was the hit of the show..thats our story and we are indeed sticking to it ;)

@Bill Talbot & @Dave Petersen, you two were mentioned by name for your work in helping to get the binding pushed through. The higher ups at Look here is the U.S. have always wanted to do this binding but there was pushback from the French, Dave's artwork in the Bring Back the 15 campaign was the final factor to get the deal done. No less than 6 people came up to us at the Look/Rossi/Dynastar booth to us and thanked us for the project.

More details, while there is a WTR AFD option for the 18, there is not a GripWalk AFD. The AFD on the 14 is a solid AFD and not sliding which most other GW AFD's are. Look was adamant that they wanted a solid AFD for a better boot to binding connection. Now, the 15...Sorry Bill, I talked to the one product manager and he went a little more into detail on why we won't see the 15 at this time...it is not just a matter of going into the parts archive and getting the old springs and windows, the toe is not the issue, they have the springs in the 15 race, and in fact it is a twin spring set up but there is issues with getting a spring that works in the heel. My gut is that we will see a 15..or even a 16 in the metal binding with in two years, the 18 is currently the halo but sells do little and the new binding will be better in the product mix. I reminded them that is not the top end of the rage that we are looking but a binding that starts at a 5 or 6. If you build it, people will come, Ray.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The Forza was the hit of the show..thats our story and we are indeed sticking to it ;)

@Bill Talbot & @Dave Petersen, you two were mentioned by name for your work in helping to get the binding pushed through. The higher ups at Look here is the U.S. have always wanted to do this binding but there was pushback from the French, Dave's artwork in the Bring Back the 15 campaign was the final factor to get the deal done. No less than 6 people came up to us at the Look/Rossi/Dynastar booth to us and thanked us for the project.

More details, while there is a WTR AFD option for the 18, there is not a GripWalk AFD. The AFD on the 14 is a solid AFD and not sliding which most other GW AFD's are. Look was adamant that they wanted a solid AFD for a better boot to binding connection. Now, the 15...Sorry Bill, I talked to the one product manager and he went a little more into detail on why we won't see the 15 at this time...it is not just a matter of going into the parts archive and getting the old springs and windows, the toe is not the issue, they have the springs in the 15 race, and in fact it is a twin spring set up but there is issues with getting a spring that works in the heel. My gut is that we will see a 15..or even a 16 in the metal binding with in two years, the 18 is currently the halo but sells do little and the new binding will be better in the product mix. I reminded them that is not the top end of the rage that we are looking but a binding that starts at a 5 or 6. If you build it, people will come, Ray.

That is exactly right!

they will come.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is exactly right!

View attachment 38094
Ray, people will buy Pivot 15’s Ray. They'll buy Pivot 15’s for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll mount them on skis not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll click in the heels as innocent as children, longing for a Nevada. Of course, we won't mind if you mount them an a carver, you'll say. They’re only $359 per pair. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and all metal goodness they lack. And they'll ski to the lift; ski in powder on a perfect afternoon…. Oh... people will buy Ray. People will most definitely buy.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ray, people will buy Pivot 15’s Ray. They'll buy Pivot 15’s for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll mount them on skis not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll click in the heels as innocent as children, longing for a Nevada. Of course, we won't mind if you mount them an a carver, you'll say. They’re only $359 per pair. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and all metal goodness they lack. And they'll ski to the lift; ski in powder on a perfect afternoon…. Oh... people will buy Ray. People will most definitely buy.
"Allie Fox: We eat when we're not hungry, drink when we're not thirsty. We buy what we don't need and throw away everything that's useful. Why sell a man what he want's? Sell him what he doesn't need. Pretend he's got eight legs and two stomachs and money to burn. It's wrong, Wrong, wrong."
The Mosquito Coast - 1986
:duck:

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
"Allie Fox: We eat when we're not hungry, drink when we're not thirsty. We buy what we don't need and throw away everything that's useful. Why sell a man what he want's? Sell him what he doesn't need. Pretend he's got eight legs and two stomachs and money to burn. It's wrong, Wrong, wrong."
The Mosquito Coast - 1986
:duck:

You pass the test. You shall diminish, and pass into the Mid-Atlantic, and remain @neonorchid.

Fellowship of the Ring

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

people will  come 3.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
@Philpug What are the chances the good folks @ LOOK will put a pair of Pivot Forza 18's in your hand and you get them on some skis (with the required PugSki stickers) for the Cooper Mt. Demos' starting tomorrow?!?!?! Be great exposure and I'm pretty damn sure you'd have a great big grin while you lap the mountain. :D

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug What are the chances the good folks @ LOOK will put a pair of Pivot Forza 18's in your hand and you get them on some skis (with the required PugSki stickers) for the Cooper Mt. Demos' starting tomorrow?!?!?! Be great exposure and I'm pretty damn sure you'd have a great big grin while you lap the mountain. :D
I won't have them for Copper..let alone be able to get them mounted but I will have some w/in the coming weeks, that is for sure.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I did not even get to see the competition :(, but I caught it on Sport Center, showed him raising ski overhead in victory, replete with fade Forzas!:daffy:

Sponsor

Staff online