• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anybody have or know where I can get some riser plates for a Pivot 18?

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So with the big Denver SIA show happening later this week it should be fun to see some reaction in the LOOK booth to the Forza inspired pivots!
@Philpug be sure and send us lots of pix from ground zero :D

How big a team have you gathered for both the show and the on slope testing this year? Details please!!! :popcorn:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Can we start a bring back the MRR campaign now? I always thought those were cooler.

Which version of the MRR are you thinking so fondly of? There have been many over the years!
I still ski on a few versions of the MR/MRR but do not put them in the same category as the LOOK/FKS Pivots.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Back to more on topic... So we've seen a couple skis that will LOOK great with the Pivot orange/yellow fade.
Any other contenders for consideration??? :huh: :popcorn:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Gripwalk race boots?

Do you think there is a Marker retro racer market?
Big enough to have side-by-side XCell and MRR (along with any Piston Plate re-do's that would be called for)?

If we restrict the possible market for MRRs to race boot purchasers who aren't using XCell/PP it's going to be rather tiny. Like maybe a dozen here and maybe another 10 on TGR.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To what market? Thought we were all going gripwalk now.

Boy I sure hope not. Glad I have plenty of proper Alpine soled boots around...

I think we will see flat soled race boots as being the exception in the industry in a few years and fall under the specialty category. The good thing is that the GripWalk bindings will accommodate traditional alpine soles.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Back to more on topic... So we've seen a couple skis that will LOOK great with the Pivot orange/yellow fade.
Any other contenders for consideration??? :huh: :popcorn:

IMO the current E100 would make for sharp contrast - green is complementary to orange and blue is complementary to yellow. The Soul 7 is the wrong yellow on the highlights aned everything else is just meh.

But you know what would really rock the Forza colours? The current Wild Joy. Yes, I know they are supposed to be bundled with Tyrolia.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Let's just have a MRR heel to replace the Royal ones that nobody seems to be able to step into. Pair it with the XCell toe. And we'll offer it in 15 DIN.
Hmmmm. I might have to do that. Give me a K2 TurboCharger with 710 graphic..and I am on it.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Let's just have a MRR heel to replace the Royal ones that nobody seems to be able to step into. Pair it with the XCell toe. And we'll offer it in 15 DIN.

So a later 'step-in' variant, not one of the early pull up models...

Like this 98-99 heel?

1998-1999-marker-mrr-eps3.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
IMO the current E100 would make for sharp contrast - green is complementary to orange and blue is complementary to yellow. The Soul 7 is the wrong yellow on the highlights aned everything else is just meh.

But you know what would really rock the Forza colours? The current Wild Joy. Yes, I know they are supposed to be bundled with Tyrolia.

Ya think?

Ladies, would you if you could?

18 Wild Joy.jpg

Toes 19.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January