• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you haven't had a stroopwafel, you are missing out on some serious awesomeness.
For those who don't know about stroopwafel, here is what Wikipedia has to say.

A stroopwafel (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈstroːpʋaːfəl] ( listen); literally "syrup waffle") is a waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel syrup filling in the middle.[2][3] Stroopwafels are popular in the Netherlands, and were first made in the city of Gouda.

Many of our favorite nutrition companies, like Gu, Honeystinger, and Clif have spun an assortment of stroopwafels into their mix. I even saw a cannabis stroopwafel once, which seems like a really bad idea because it was 100mg THC. If you eat a whole cannabis stroopwafel, it'd knock you out for a couple days. I dare you to start eating a stroopwafel and not finish it :eek:
There are video tutorials on how to enjoy a stroopwafel.

Today I was at Total Wine and saw this
What on earth do you do with Stroopwafel Liqueur??
Drink it?
Mix it?
Cook with it?
IMG_1270.jpeg

Last edited:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Costco is carrying Stroopwafels.
15407844923884492628798719442467.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Too many stroopwafels on United has kinda killed my desire for them except for the Honey Stinger versions.

:thumb: There's cultural appropriation, and then there's airline cultural appropriation.

Herself doesn't even like the Honey Stinger ones (I do and I proved it at Philly Bike Expo :( ) - but then she's of Belgian descent so what does she know. ;)

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Robin has been traveling to Amsterdam off and on for the past few years on a work project and always brings some home. They never last long around me. I picked some up at Whole Foods on Friday to bring to a kind of potluck acoustic pickin' party and I never got to try them because by the time I took a break from strumming they were all gone!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Robin has been traveling to Amsterdam off and on for the past few years on a work project and always brings some home. They never last long around me. I picked some up at Whole Foods on Friday to bring to a kind of potluck acoustic pickin' party and I never got to try them because by the time I took a break from strumming they were all gone!

I started to read this and first thought you were spelling my name in correctly. Then I got to the Amsterdam part and realized you weren't talking about me. :doh: :roflmao::roflmao:

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
funny you mention those weed stroopwafels because I got some of those last time I was in Durango and I saw the devil after eating them. I've never had more potent edibles and I have lots of experience. Tasted delicious though.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No they weren't the equivalent of a Colorado waffle...just that they come from the land of stroop waffles and are really fracking good.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
funny you mention those weed stroopwafels because I got some of those last time I was in Durango and I saw the devil after eating them. I've never had more potent edibles and I have lots of experience. Tasted delicious though.
That's what I mean.
The one I saw was 100 mg THC, which means that you're only going to eat part of it, but who can eat a little bit of a Stroopwafel and leave the rest for later?? :eek::huh:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the stroopwafel the pumpkin spice of 2018????
I hope not.
All the fake pumpkin stuff has wrecked pumpkin for me.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
100mg! Holy stroop waffle Batman. That is like 10 standard doses.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
100mg! Holy stroop waffle Batman. That is like 10 standard doses.
Exactly!
Imagine, eating 1/10 of a Stroopwafel