• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Everything in moderation, except...

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
We talk a lot about moderation in day to day life...what is the one thing that you have no control of and throw even the thought of "moderation" away?

Guitars, tho last 3/4 years the “one in one out” rule has helped.

Ski gear used to be a problem albeit made less damaging by proform.

I love tube amps too but cleared out all the big iron a few years ago and it’s been under control for a while. Jams I play at mostly provide back line rigs so I leave my amps home and just pack a few pedals. Amps are also tougher to hide in closets or under beds than guitar cases

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Gear, tools, comics, fly rods ... all those things, but I can control those.

My real downfall is analog watches. From very nice ones to Swatch, manual wind, automatic, quartz, if it ticks, I’ll buy it. I have about 70 so far ... don’t tell the wife, please. And yes, spring forward and fall back suck equally.

Oh, I have a friend whose IG account is 95% watches ... you may already follow this stuff, but I'll post just in case. I just love it. https://www.instagram.com/hand.drafted/

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Everything in moderation except... arguing on the internet hahahaha!

1587330011620.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Guitars, tho last 3/4 years the “one in one out” rule has helped.

This is my rule as well.. And only ONE (massive) drum set.

Amps are also tougher to hide in closets or under beds than guitar cases
Heads are easy to stash, cabinets though??
I've got a 4X12 stashed in the shed. Long term plans of moving it in after the nest empties.. Might be rotted by then though.. might be rotted already?? It's covered at least..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
"I don't need a bowl, I just want a couple of bites." Is the fastest way to finish a pint of Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerrys.
Same here. I can't keep ice cream in the house.

Lately it has been White Castle sliders.
This is White Castle blasphemy
IMG_2986.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm feeling left out... I've never had White Castle. Is it actually good? Or one of those things where if you didn't have it when you were younger, you won't like it now?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm feeling left out... I've never had White Castle. Is it actually good? Or one of those things where if you didn't have it when you were younger, you won't like it now?
I'm pretty sure you have to have had them when you were younger, and really drunk to fully appreciate them. First time I went there was also the first time my older sisters friends took me out drinking with them.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You're not missing out.
I've only had White Castle once. Phil makes it a mission to eat some every time he's somewhere that White Castle exists. Since my first WC experience, I decline.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've only had White Castle once. Phil makes it a mission to eat some every time he's somewhere that White Castle exists. Since my first WC experience, I decline.
I'm with you Tricia. Once was quite enough, but I was in my 30's and sober ...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm with you Tricia. Once was quite enough, but I was in my 30's and sober ...
I was in my 40s and sober.
Not a fan.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online