Ever just misplace some gear?

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Philpug, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Like you can't find it anywhere?!? I am not talking goggles or even gloves. I am talking ski boots. Asking for a friend.

Brad J and RuleMiHa like this.
  2. Sibhusky

Sibhusky Making fresh tracks Skier

Parking lot?

3. Coach13

Coach13 Out on the slopes Skier

Saw this just last night when I was leaving. A pair of Lange’s all by themselves in a parking space.

Philpug likes this.
  4. Sibhusky

Sibhusky Making fresh tracks Skier

I've seen it as well, although not as often as gloves on the road.

5. NZRob

NZRob Skiing the Rock Skier

Last year, pretty awful weather day, racked my skis at the mid mtn cafe and went in for a coffee and cake. After about an hour I caught the chairlift up to the top of mtn cafe (without skis) to meet my daughter who wanted to download due to the weather. After 30 minutes of sitting around she decided she wanted to ski down, so we walked out of the cafe, whence I spent about 20 minutes steaming around the ski racks cursing the lowlife who had stolen my skis. Until of course I realised they were back down at mid mtn. :doh:

VickieH, AmyPJ and Mothertucker like this.

6. Coach13

Coach13 Out on the slopes Skier

I’ve seen many skis riding in the racks of empty resort shuttles...

7. graham418

graham418 Out on the slopes Skier

Like the gloves on the roof of the car? Nope , never happened to me..............

socalgal and Philpug like this.
  8. jmeb

jmeb Stereotypical Front Range Weekend Warrior Skier

Definitely never got home and went to unload the skis out of the van to find...there were no skis there.

Luckily my ski hill is apparently full of honest folks.

9. Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary Skier

No. But I once had a customer call me after leaving my bike shop to see if he left his front wheel sitting in the parking lot. He couldn't find it anywhere. When his wife got home and walked into the kitchen she asked him why his bicycle wheel was on top of the refrigerator. He has no idea how he put it there when grabbing a drink. Says he's never placed anything on top of that thing.

Wasatchman, AmyPJ and coskigirl like this.
  10. Chef23

Chef23 Putting on skis Skier

A friend of mine took his water ski out of the car when at a gas station looking for stuff set it down and left it there. He didn't figure it out until he got home and never got the ski back. He was several hours away by the time he realized he did it.

I have lost goggles, gloves, hats etc but never a primary piece of equipment.

11. mdf

mdf entering the Big Couloir Skier

I almost did that once. The shuttle windows were iced over so I couldn't tell where we were. I got out and was looking around trying to figure if this was the right lot. I finally saw my car and took off towards it. Fortunately, after 5 steps I noticed I wasn't carrying skis and turned around. Also fortunately, the shuttle hadn't left yet.

12. UGASkiDawg

UGASkiDawg AKA David Pugski Ski Tester

I misplaced a 3 week old pair of San Marco gel injected boots with custom footbeds while beachin at the Basin in either 94 or 95. The beaching incident in question involved a large Winnebago, a string cheese incident show on the beach and a wood fired portable hot tub for 8 that we discovered could hold at least 16. I don't remember much about that day except for some dudes jumping off the roof of the Winnebago into the hot tub and the subsequent banning of our department from having such end of season bashes at the Basin. They also banned hot tubs and Winnebagos. Back to the boots...I have no idea what happened to them but I also lost my ski pants and jacket that day as well. Skis and poles were in my car in the parking lot the next day when my friend brought me back up to aftermath. Hope your friend finds his bootsogwink

13. AmyPJ

AmyPJ Let's go! Pugski Ski Tester

Pink boots???

SkiMore likes this.
  14. Paul Lutes

Paul Lutes Getting off the lift Skier

Oh yeah .......
    Long, fresh snow day at Kirkwood, staggered back to car, threw skis in back, sat in drivers seat to remove boot, closed door (snowing heavily) to change clothes and put driving shoes on, drove off. Significant bump pulling out of parking space, presumed it was a snow/ice clot/berm, drove home to discover ..... no boots.
    Yes, not only left them behind, but I added injury to insult by RUNNING over them and didn't realize it.
    They were never heard from again.

peterm likes this.
  15. François Pugh

François Pugh Out on the slopes Skier

Great White North (Eastern side currently)
    Forgot to go back for my skis last night!
    I'm making two trips to the car because I'm resting the right shoulder due to a dislocation last Thursday night.

16. SKI-3PO

SKI-3PO Out on the slopes Skier

Did you check your feet?

dbostedo, Philpug and François Pugh like this.
  17. François Pugh

François Pugh Out on the slopes Skier

Great White North (Eastern side currently)
    Yeah, they were still attached. I'm blaming it on mild hypothermia; it hurt the shoulder too much to put on that extra fleece layer.

18. Andy Mink

Andy Mink I am a half fast skier. Moderator Pugski Ski Tester

More than once I've seen strollers left in parking lots at the parks where I worked. Not cheap, broken umbrella strollers but nice ones.

19. Johnny V.

Johnny V. Half Fast Hobby Racer Skier

Not quite ski gear, but two or three times last winter I left my glasses case (with glasses in) in the restroom when I put on my contacts in the lodge. Kind of a sinking feeling................Fortunately, they were turned in to lost & found all times. Never got the bottles of saline back though!

20. CalG

CalG Out on the slopes Skier

I might have "misplaced" a pair of skis today...gulp!

I needed to get an older pair of Explosiv Volkls "binding checked" so I could use them on the clock.

I can't for the life of me recall what I did with my RTM 84s during the swap. I can hope they are hanging in the garage, but I might have left them in the entry, leaning against to entry door, or even leaning against the Allroad in the parking lot as I pulled out the Explosivs.

I'm banking on them hanging on pegs in the garage........

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

eta

Hey! I was pressed for time! ;-)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019