• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ever just misplace some gear?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Like you can't find it anywhere?!? I am not talking goggles or even gloves. I am talking ski boots. Asking for a friend.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Last year, pretty awful weather day, racked my skis at the mid mtn cafe and went in for a coffee and cake. After about an hour I caught the chairlift up to the top of mtn cafe (without skis) to meet my daughter who wanted to download due to the weather. After 30 minutes of sitting around she decided she wanted to ski down, so we walked out of the cafe, whence I spent about 20 minutes steaming around the ski racks cursing the lowlife who had stolen my skis. Until of course I realised they were back down at mid mtn. :doh:

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
No. But I once had a customer call me after leaving my bike shop to see if he left his front wheel sitting in the parking lot. He couldn't find it anywhere. When his wife got home and walked into the kitchen she asked him why his bicycle wheel was on top of the refrigerator. He has no idea how he put it there when grabbing a drink. Says he's never placed anything on top of that thing.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
A friend of mine took his water ski out of the car when at a gas station looking for stuff set it down and left it there. He didn't figure it out until he got home and never got the ski back. He was several hours away by the time he realized he did it.

I have lost goggles, gloves, hats etc but never a primary piece of equipment.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve seen many skis riding in the racks of empty resort shuttles...
I almost did that once. The shuttle windows were iced over so I couldn't tell where we were. I got out and was looking around trying to figure if this was the right lot. I finally saw my car and took off towards it. Fortunately, after 5 steps I noticed I wasn't carrying skis and turned around. Also fortunately, the shuttle hadn't left yet.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I misplaced a 3 week old pair of San Marco gel injected boots with custom footbeds while beachin at the Basin in either 94 or 95. The beaching incident in question involved a large Winnebago, a string cheese incident show on the beach and a wood fired portable hot tub for 8 that we discovered could hold at least 16. I don't remember much about that day except for some dudes jumping off the roof of the Winnebago into the hot tub and the subsequent banning of our department from having such end of season bashes at the Basin. They also banned hot tubs and Winnebagos. Back to the boots...I have no idea what happened to them but I also lost my ski pants and jacket that day as well. Skis and poles were in my car in the parking lot the next day when my friend brought me back up to aftermath. Hope your friend finds his bootsogwink

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh yeah .......
Long, fresh snow day at Kirkwood, staggered back to car, threw skis in back, sat in drivers seat to remove boot, closed door (snowing heavily) to change clothes and put driving shoes on, drove off. Significant bump pulling out of parking space, presumed it was a snow/ice clot/berm, drove home to discover ..... no boots.
Yes, not only left them behind, but I added injury to insult by RUNNING over them and didn't realize it.
They were never heard from again.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
More than once I've seen strollers left in parking lots at the parks where I worked. Not cheap, broken umbrella strollers but nice ones.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not quite ski gear, but two or three times last winter I left my glasses case (with glasses in) in the restroom when I put on my contacts in the lodge. Kind of a sinking feeling................Fortunately, they were turned in to lost & found all times. Never got the bottles of saline back though!

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I might have "misplaced" a pair of skis today...gulp!

I needed to get an older pair of Explosiv Volkls "binding checked" so I could use them on the clock.

I can't for the life of me recall what I did with my RTM 84s during the swap. I can hope they are hanging in the garage, but I might have left them in the entry, leaning against to entry door, or even leaning against the Allroad in the parking lot as I pulled out the Explosivs.

I'm banking on them hanging on pegs in the garage........

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

eta

Hey! I was pressed for time! ;-)

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online