• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Remove all the sports where medals are awarded by the subjective opinion of judges.
OK, that's just me. They need the revenue from those sports that many folk like to watch.
Change ski jumping so it's solely based on distance.

Add a Super G that's closer to a downhill than a GS course. :D

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Combine it with the Luge or Skeleton; no stopping to shoot though, do it on the slide.

Well I was thinking you are shooting AT guys on the bobsled and they at you with paintball guns, maybe it's a team event.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Remove all the sports where medals are awarded by the subjective opinion of judges.
OK, that's just me. They need the revenue from those sports that many folk like to watch.
Change ski jumping so it's solely based on distance.

Add a Super G that's closer to a downhill than a GS course. :D

What about hockey? Offsides can be pretty subjective.. Same goes for goal or no goal calls, kicking, etc..

Let the ski jumpers pick their start points.. If someone, or everybody wants to go from all the way back, let them..

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Fatbiking or cycle ice speedway. I'd pay good money to see guys like Cav take each other out on a short track ice rink. Studs in the tyres would make for plenty of blood too.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
After the performance of the US Olympic team this winter, The US Winter Olympic Committee should attempt to persuade the Winter Olympic Committee to add freestyle ski bike event. Seems like the US could be competitive on the ski bike.

TS
Karen_skier2.0

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
How come there's no multiple sport individual events like the pentathlon in the winter games?

Say, you need to ski down some slope (slalom or GS), throw some tricks on the half pipe on snowboard, xc ski for 20 km, skate some laps in the speed oval, then a couple of triple toe loops on figure skate...

The ultimate winter athlete?

The pentathlon was composed of five segments in the 1948 Olympics:

Add ballet!

I would have said that also; however, it could never make it in my the next Olympics since it's no longer an FIS sport.

There was definitely some Nordic combined where they did a 70M jump then raced XC. I think their jump score knocked time off their XC course.

We have Alpine and Snowboard GS, why not Tele GS??

Telemark is actually an FIS sport--it could happen!

Delete the unscored figure skating that happens after the medal ceremony.

dm

It's not an event. It's a gala to celebrate the competitors, the locals, and those retiring.

It certainly added value to the medalists who, together with the IOC, probably aren’t going to support canceling the event merely because the USST isn’t competent enough to field a team capable of withstanding the onslaught of that alpine racing powerhouse GBR:roflmao:

Did any teams have all their top athletes in it?

After the performance of the US Olympic team this winter, The US Winter Olympic Committee should attempt to persuade the Winter Olympic Committee to add freestyle ski bike event. Seems like the US could be competitive on the ski bike.

Way cool!

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Did any teams have all their top athletes in it?

The Swiss, who won, fielded a woman who won two medals (Holdener) and the men’s slalom silver medalist together with Feierabend and Yule, both of whom have performed very well in this format. So, yes. The Austrians left out Hirscher who, with one exception, hasn’t done well in these events. The Swedes had Myhrer, the men’s slalom gold medalist, Hargin, their next best slalom skier, and Hansdotter, the women’s slalom gold medalist. Seems okay to me.

Last edited:

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
I know the 50+ year old ladies love it, but there is just way way way way way way way too much figure skating...

Maybe I didn't put enough Way's in there...

It depends on where you live. In the UK, there was some figure skating on TV, but waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to much curling. Curling all the damn time.

There was also a lot of freestyle, bobsled, and skeleton, because those are the things that British athletes can do reasonably well.

Last edited:

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd like to see more mixed events.

As much as I just complained about curling, I have to say that the mixed doubles curling was actually pretty interesting. So, I'd like to see mixed doubles bobsled, mixed doubles luge, and mixed relays in speed skating and XC skiing.

And of course, the elephant in the room that no one has mentioned, XC snowboarding.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
It depends on where you live. In the UK, there was some figure skating on TV, but waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to much curling. Curling all the damn time.

There was also a lot of freestyle, bobsled, and skeleton, because those are the things that British athletes can do reasonably well.

All the curling here in the states was on the secondary channels. The Figure Skating dominated the main coverage on NBC night after night. I'm sure it pulls good rating but everyone knows popularity doesn't equal quality.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Delete the unscored figure skating that happens after the medal ceremony.

dm

That's like the Ice Capades I used to go to as a kid. I was expecting to see SNOOPY come out and skate with them.

Sponsor

Staff online