• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EV Vehicle Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
1713361065549.png

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm still not convinced that going after large vehicles so aggressively is the right move when people who are already on the economy bandwagon are already driving sedans and small SUVs Truck and large SUV people already have made the choice to spend a lot on energy so it's a strange target market for those that use trucks to actually do truck stuff.
I agree.
Though fleet sales of e pickups could be very different. I talked to someone last year who got an early Lightning for $40k ish. Maybe even less but he wouldn’t tell me. It was relatively bare, and didn’t have the big info screen in the middle.

It’s still amazing that GM canned the Bolt even though they sold 30k last year. I get it needs to be updated, but if it’s relatively cheap, people will buy it. I’ve been in one, it’s fine. People are still buying Leafs for god’s sake.

Stellantis is essentially playing both sides of the fence. I think for now their Ram Erev truck makes more sense for actual working pickups, but we’ll see once it’s out.

If a pickup has Vehicle to home/grid, that’s an enormous battery storage unit that can be used if a vehicle is rarely used by a homeowner.

The electric delivery and work van market will be huge. Those don’t need big range nor speed nor even fast charging. The opposite of a touring van.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I did some cleanup here. Some posts were removed because they quoted removed posts. Other posts were removed due to antagonistic/rude/foul language. If you can't make your point without personal attacks or foul language please don't post. Differing points of view are fine as long as the conversation remains civil. Do your part so this thread can remain open.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
I agree.
Though fleet sales of e pickups could be very different. I talked to someone last year who got an early Lightning for $40k ish. Maybe even less but he wouldn’t tell me. It was relatively bare, and didn’t have the big info screen in the middle.

It’s still amazing that GM canned the Bolt even though they sold 30k last year. I get it needs to be updated, but if it’s relatively cheap, people will buy it. I’ve been in one, it’s fine. People are still buying Leafs for god’s sake.

Stellantis is essentially playing both sides of the fence. I think for now their Ram Erev truck makes more sense for actual working pickups, but we’ll see once it’s out.

If a pickup has Vehicle to home/grid, that’s an enormous battery storage unit that can be used if a vehicle is rarely used by a homeowner.

The electric delivery and work van market will be huge. Those don’t need big range nor speed nor even fast charging. The opposite of a touring van.

I never did think of the fleet side of the house. I can see delivery routes under 150 miles a day or tradespeople who go to a site, park, then drive back or those that run the AC while doing reports for half their time in the field. Plug it in back at the garage every night, never need gas again and likely get 60-85 EMPG.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The reviews of this Hyundai are getting more and more exciting. This one eats Mustangs for lunch and basically hangs right with host of European cars while getting four times the energy economy while driving like a paddle shifted enthusiast car. 600 HP and 545 ft lb. of torque base, more when you hit the go button.

Wow!!! Need to do some digging - is it only sold with the track-ready, low clearance? Shame if it's not offered with a real SUV clearance.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Wow!!! Need to do some digging - is it only sold with the track-ready, low clearance? Shame if it's not offered with a real SUV clearance.

There are several variants of the Ioniq 5 out currently with an off road version in the testing phases right now. The N is the top of the line performance model and there is an economy RWD model and the standard AWD models as well.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hyundai has some pretty hot cars under the N designation. Not to be confused with their N-Line which is just look fast stuff.

James

Out There
Instructor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online