• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

European vs American style skiing

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Reuters article today describes brexit proceedings as having gone "off piste." In the U.S. this would mean business as usual. In the House of Commons it seems to indicate uncharted dangerous terrain.

604Sean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
It's particularly bad in areas know for tree skiing. Traumatic injuries from avalanches kill. It's also important to remember that people who successfully deploy an airbag (not necessarily an easy thing to do) can be buried. Flotation is less useful in terrain traps.

But it will cradle your upper torso/ head area from getting smashed into a tree. I use to see a ton of small avalanches at Fortress way back in the 80's....small, but still enough to kill someone.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How do the Euros wax?

James

Out There
Instructor
There's a lot of casual skiers who rent and rely on the store.
It's probably all over the place.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I like the idea of a back side "The run to the village", with rail and connections back to the lifts.
That's not something encountered in N.A.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Davos down to Klosters and train back is a good way to end the day.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
How do the Euros wax?

Loads of ski shops in the resorts are happy to work on your skis for you overnight. I tend to hit a lot of rocks, especially on my early season trips, so I sometimes have to pop into a shop for a base repair. I have them wax and sharpen the edges while they're at it.

(Sorry, I can't think of a funny answer for the humorous interpretation of that question.)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
How do the Euros wax?

Well in all senses of the question the answer is "appropriately" - the Vajazzle is very popular in Essex I am led to believe. And the Armada VJJ provoked much amusement over here.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ that's proof that a waxing video doesn't need to be long, laden with too much detail and boring.
To quote @Drahtguy Kevin (heck, I'll just pull his quote from another thread)
I have watched the videos @KevinF and @Tricia posted more times than I want to think about. Both are like a midget dipped in chocolate — short, sweet and entertaining.

Sponsor