• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Next up, we are heading to Chamonix in a few weeks.
Cham has been hurting for snow as of late. Was there mon, tues. it rained in town and half way up Les Houches on mon. Every place was closed for wind.save Les Houches. Good news is they got some snow higher up. It's been like 3 weeks. Ties was sunny and warm in town. Like mid to high 40's.
Very warm in Verbier last week. They got some snow last friday. Still, in the week I was there never used toe warmers, never used the insulated jacket. Lots of wet slides all over. There was still good snow to be had though.somes pistes could be sheer ice at times.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Cham has been hurting for snow as of late. Was there mon, tues. it rained in town and half way up Les Houches on mon. Every place was closed for wind.save Les Houches. Good news is they got some snow higher up. It's been like 3 weeks. Ties was sunny and warm in town. Like mid to high 40's.
I think that weather sounds like much of Europe the last few weeks. We had 40+ degree temps several days in Austria even well up over 2000 meters.
Looking ahead, it appears that Chamonix is predicting colder temperatures and snow every day for the next 8+ days. hopefully it is in good amounts.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yes I see Verbier has light snow prediction every day. They need more snow for the World Extreme competition.
IMG_5920.JPG
Looking at Verbier from low down. Top of the Le Rouge poma.Tues, 2/26

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Flying to Geneva from JFK this evening then a bus ride to Val d'Isere. We get into town Saturday afternoon and have 6 days to ski. It has been snowing here and there for the past week adding up to about a foot and a half and the forecast for next week calls for some snow and a little sun. No major dumps called for but with the extra inch or so most days conditions should be pretty good. We have 1 guided off piste day scheduled Wednesday. If we love it we will do another off Piste day probably Friday. I think the biggest snow is supposed to hit Thursday.

My first time in Val d'Isere/Tignes!

Sponsor

Staff online