• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EpicSki - PugSki Merger

Tyler Wenzel

(tylrwnzl on the former EpicSki)
Skier
In at the last minute depending on your time zone, but one of the things I miss most about EpicSki is the April Fools days threads we came up with. I remember a few years back one about voting off problem members Survivor Style I came up with that actually got some serious traction. I think the first one I posted as an admin was a merger of TGR and EpicSki that also riled some feathers. Anyhow felt I should keep the tradition alive a bit longer, miss hanging out with many of you.

tylrwnzl

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In at the last minute depending on your time zone, but one of the things I miss most about EpicSki is the April Fools days threads we came up with. I remember a few years back one about voting off problem members Survivor Style I came up with that actually got some serious traction. I think the first one I posted as an admin was a merger of TGR and EpicSki that also riled some feathers. Anyhow felt I should keep the tradition alive a bit longer, miss hanging out with many of you.

tylrwnzl
What about when Joan posted that she sold Epic to Vail as an Aprils Fools....

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
EpicSki - PugSki Merger

Show me the money!!! Phil being the consumate salesman would say EVERYTHING has a price!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tyler Wenzel Hope you've had a chance to hit the slopes this year.

TS
Tyler Wenzel

Tyler Wenzel

(tylrwnzl on the former EpicSki)
Skier
No reason for you to miss the PugSki gang.

Life has taken me away from the snow even more so that I don't run EpicSki anymore. That at least kept me getting out some, but since I've barely been able to think about skiing unfortunately. I'm hoping next winter I am able to do some slope time though. This past year saw a change of jobs and reorganizing a bunch of stuff in my life that made it impossible to even consider it a possibility.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tyler, all we have to do is look at your avatar and know you and the Mrs. are working on another kind of merger! Happy Easter.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The rumor here now is Vail didn't want us. Too far from things. (Leaving the fog aside.). So happy.
From what I understand, Vail could not buy Mt. Rose which would give them too many around the lake and Rose didn't see the benefit to beaing part of the Ikon collective. With Rose's passes increasing for the coming season, it shows conficence when Reno-ites might see more of an Ikon advantage with having access to Squaw/Alpine and Mammoth ( an easy 3 hour away). I know Rose tracks passes and daily tickets very close..it will be interesting to see what happens in 19-20.