• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EpicMix Challenges

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I just signed up for several EpicMix "challenges"; including 20 Buck which is 20 lifts in a day, King Of The Hill which is 30K vertical feet in a season (which I already have, but for whatever reason I think it means 30K since you accepted the challenge), and Everest which is 29035 vertical in a day (no problemo!). I wanted to also add Stratosphere which is 40K in a day, but that will cancel the Everest challenge so my attack plan is first do 30K (don't peak too early!) for the Everest challenge, then spend a weekday at PCMR just running crazy laps on either the Rallys or my GS skis for the Stratosphere challenge.

They do have race challenges, but only for their Lindsey Vonn-branded race courses; PCMR does have NASTAR so more points (I hope) for Team Pugski.com from that!!! (Maybe I should bring my cowbell?)

Has anybody else ever signed up for any of these?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Great a reason for beaters to try to go fast down crowded groomers. :(

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I used to somewhat look at the EpicMix badges and numbers now I just ski without regard for that stuff. Its cool to look back and see what you have done though. But to plan your day with the challenges and badges in mind might be ok with a group just not as much fun by yourself. Just chill and enjoy the hill. Most if not all resorts are 100% open right now so fun is not too hard to find even if it has not snowed in a few days.

TS
Carl Kuck

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I used to somewhat look at the EpicMix badges and numbers now I just ski without regard for that stuff. Its cool to look back and see what you have done though. But to plan your day with the challenges and badges in mind might be ok with a group just not as much fun by yourself. Just chill and enjoy the hill. Most if not all resorts are 100% open right now so fun is not too hard to find even if it has not snowed in a few days.

Funny thing is, the only real difference for me is whether they keep a record of it or not; I'm pretty much going to ski that way anyway...

TS
Carl Kuck

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
OK, so for the daily challenges, they "expire" a day after you sign up for them. The long and the short of it was since I signed up on the 4th of March, they expired at the end of the day. My 30K feet/season challenge was season long so I got the credit for that, but got neither my 20 lift ride challenge, nor my 30K feet/day challenge (and I probably got close to 30 lift rides and did 36K+ vertical). I re-signed up for these tonight, and should get them tomorrow...

And, yes, I'm taking Clif bars and caffeinated sports beans and energy gel for "lunch", takes less time and I don't have to pay the exorbitant Vail food costs. :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online