• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those Day passes do look like a good deal however since we want to get out to ski Heavenly and Kirkwood next March. I guess if I bought those now we'd save some $$ on next years trip...

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you have the time and ability to to travel I think it's a helluva deal. If it weren't for that work thing I'd have no problems getting $979 worth of skiing out of that pass.

TonyPlush

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just like the IKON pass, I'm right at the breakeven point of this one too.

With 8-10 days a year of destination skiing, the value's not really there for me. And TBH, I've had such poor crowd experiences at all the major Epic resorts that the only ones I'd consider planning big trips to would be Telluride, which requires the full $980 pass, or Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, whose cheap windows rates are made even cheaper by the favorable US/Canada exchange rate.

So for the $50-100 max of potential savings, I'll probably skip Epic and Ikon again this year and instead enjoy the flexibility of not being tied to a pass. Although I'm still looking forward to news on the Mountain Collective or the Indy Pass.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier

With 8-10 days a year of destination skiing, the value's not really there for me. And TBH, I've had such poor crowd experiences at all the major Epic resorts that the only ones I'd consider planning big trips to would be Telluride, which requires the full $980 pass, or Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, whose cheap windows rates are made even cheaper by the favorable US/Canada exchange rate.

So for the $50-100 max of potential savings, I'll probably skip Epic and Ikon again this year and instead enjoy the flexibility of not being tied to a pass. Although I'm still looking forward to news on the Mountain Collective or the Indy Pass.

Same here. We're looking into the Indy Pass. 2 Days at Troll, Powder Ridge, Spirit Mtn and Giants Ridge would be for some fun local skiing, plus you could do a weekend trip to Big Powderhorn and possibly Red Lodge on an extended weekend. That's 12 days of skiing for $17 per day. Insane.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Two new Northeast products, thanks to the aquisition and integration of Peaks Resorts.

Northeast Midweek and Northeast Value.

Also added a pass rewards program for a 20% discount of food, beverage, rental, lessons--of course they could just hike prices 20%

No major structural changes to the passes it seems.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also added a pass rewards program for a 20% discount of food, beverage, rental, lessons--of course they could just hike prices 20%

No major structural changes to the passes it seems.
sorry, missed seeing this :D

Not sure if other mountains did a similar discount program without having to pay more and sign up for any rewards program. Sierra-at-Tahoe started this 20% off too this season around MLK weekend.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
sorry, missed seeing this :D

Not sure if other mountains did a similar discount program without having to pay more and sign up for any rewards program. Sierra-at-Tahoe started this 20% off too this season around MLK weekend.
Most independents have pretty extensive discount programs for season pass holders, anywhere from 5-30% depending on the product.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
How we forget at one point, and still today at some resorts, a single pass is pushing $2,000 PER PERSON. Dollar for dollar....these passes are still killer deal.

Yeah but day tickets were Around $50-60. These passes are great deals, if you have the money and time to take 2+ vacations per winter.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

A lot of the times it's self-fulfilling. If you get a pass you end up skiing more or making that trip. If you don't get a pass you end up not skiing.
<Warren Miller quote goes here>

Roman

Putting on skis
Skier
Spent this season without a pass and it was a struggle - looking for deals, planning way ahead of time. Window prices are high enough in the northeast to justify at least Epic Local.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
If your home mountain is unlimited on the Epic (or Ikon) pass, this is a great deal. Allows you to ski your home mountain and then take a ski vacation (or two) without having to pay for lift tickets. For those not unlimited on one of the passes, an option for the ski vacation is a 4-pack. Usually a much better daily price than other options. In Summit County CO, Copper, Keystone and A-Basin have had such products this season.

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
I will most likely get the Tahoe Local Pass. I plan to ski Kirkwood, Heavenly and Park City next season. Wonder if they will let me upgrade to the unrestricted pass in early December once we have a better idea of the conditions for Christmas.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Usually once sales stop its over. That is usually late November, December is too late.

You can upgrade while passes are still on sale, when I did that a few years ago, the policy was you buy up to the current available price, applying all of your previous payments towards it.
If you decide to ski on blackouts, remember you can also buyout any blackout day at those resorts for half price tickets.

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
New for next season- 20% off on food, lessons, rental, lodging, etc. with any pass -
I'm curious if this will be a real discount or if they will jack up the prices so it is only a perceived discount. I'm pasting some lesson prices here for comparison when we have the prices available for next winter.

Kirkwood

1583261808248.png

1583261833598.png

Park City

1583261897390.png

1583261998855.png

Heavenly

1583262161957.png

1583262267184.png

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the Keystone Plus Pass must be the best damn value in skiing at just $389!

The Keystone Plus Pass gives unlimited access to Keystone (with holiday restrictions), unlimited access to Breck after April 1st, and five holiday restricted days at Crested Butte.

This obviously works well for Colorado front rangers who enjoy Keystone, also allowing a nice getaway or two to CB and late season at Breck.

At just $389, I think it also makes a ton of sense for visitors to Colorado who can travel outside of holidays while also benefiting from the cheap airfare into DIA.

Think of an early-season trip to Keystone for the great snowmaking, a mid-winter trip to Crested Butte for the fantastic terrain, and an April trip to Breck after the crowds are gone for high altitude turns to finish up your season.

For comparison, a Copper Mountain four-pack is $299. That only four days. And a Copper Mountain season pass is $599, just for one mountain. That's ridiculous!

(This has been a public service announcement from a faithful Copper Mountain skier. You don't have to run faster than the bear.) :D

Last edited:

Sponsor