• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
as an FYi - that a pretty big swath in Vail, includes the Marriott,

But that benefit has already been there for like 10years though, so there is nothing new.:

As a loyal pass holder, you'll save an additional 20% off the lowest public rate on lodging owned and operated by Vail Resorts, Inc. and select properties managed by Vail Resorts, Inc. Valid on all room types, subject to availability.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
as an FYi - that a pretty big swath in Vail, includes the Marriott,

And the Arrabelle and the Lodge in Vail, the Osprey and Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek, the Village Hotel and One Ski Hill in Breckenridge, Grand Summit in PC,...

Last edited:

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't see any line item with confirmation of qty of SWAF and buddy passes you get with each pass product. Does anybody see it?

Otherwise that is a change that they're starting to lock the network down from buddies

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
My wife and I have the Epic Veterans passes. All I had to do to qualify was to have served on active duty and have an Honorable discharge. My wife qualifiies for the same price as a dependent. The pass for next year is $569 plus tax. Not for all Epic areas but includes all that are owned and operated by Vail. This is a really good deal for an unrestricted pass. It even includes Whistler.

Thanks for reminding me about that program. Looked again at the FAQ page. As an USAF vet, thought about upgrading to that Military veteran pass before this season but was content to just get the $429 Senior Epic Tahoe Local. However this coming season am more likely to upgrade since that is just $120 more versus the same $449 price next year and just might do a Rockies road tour. Even if I don't go beyond Tahoe, that would allow me to ski KW and NS Saturdays and all 3 Tahoe resorts without any blackout dates. Something to consider before they jack prices up at the beginning of September.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't see any line item with confirmation of qty of SWAF and buddy passes you get with each pass product. Does anybody see it?

Otherwise that is a change that they're starting to lock the network down from buddies
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.43.26 AM.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same here. We're looking into the Indy Pass. 2 Days at Troll, Powder Ridge, Spirit Mtn and Giants Ridge would be for some fun local skiing, plus you could do a weekend trip to Big Powderhorn and possibly Red Lodge on an extended weekend. That's 12 days of skiing for $17 per day. Insane.

We are also looking at Indy Pass for next season. Time to shake up our usual routine. Hoping he adds a few key areas, but at current prices, it's already a steal.

I haven't found any details for 20/21 yet, but I suspect they are just around the corner.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
We are also looking at Indy Pass for next season. Time to shake up our usual routine. Hoping he adds a few key areas, but at current prices, it's already a steal.

I haven't found any details for 20/21 yet, but I suspect they are just around the corner.

Yeah that pass doesn't even go on sale until Sept 1st... I'm thinking we may buy that and then a night pass to our local area.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
the 20% off has always been on my Whistler Senior Season pass, good for meals lodging tuning and new equipment.
it does add up in a season, even more when you put everything for others who don't have a discount on your card.
if i collect, have a pocket of cash at end of day - haven't needed an atm during ski season for years.

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
It is a great deal. Not as good as the one for active or retired, but still great. I am also a veteran (10 years in Naval Reserve) and have had the Liberty pass for two years. Only good at Keystone, but I also have had a Copper 4-pack.
The Keystone pass is a killer deal. I did volunteer ski patrol there in 1980-81

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't looked at all the fine print, but am wondering if Epic offers a spring deal where if you buy a pass for next season you get some kind of access in April this season. If so, they probably will hook me.
IIRC many years ago if you bought your pass late March or early April you could ski the rest of the current season. Also, about 5 years ago, if you had an Epic Local pass you could ski unlimited at Vail or BC in April until closing.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IIRC many years ago if you bought your pass late March or early April you could ski the rest of the current season. Also, about 5 years ago, if you had an Epic Local pass you could ski unlimited at Vail or BC in April until closing.
You could also race around the world and get an EpicPass for life, or $100,000 for making a 30second "commercial" of why epicpass is awesome; or upto 100days of free lodging for a whole season at any Vailresort.

I think those days are long gone, lol.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I

I just got in my email a promo message for the sale notice. It had a banner saying 10buddy tickets for full epic. So I suppose the breakdown of the 16= 10 Buddy; 6 SWAF. Really hidden this year they didn't spell out how many you get.
In past years, getting the 10 buddy and 6 SWAF tickets came with the Epic Local as well as long as it was purchased/renewed early enough. I haven't read the fine print to see if that's changed.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
My wife and I get the buddy passes with our Epic Veterans Pass and have never used any of them. For this coming season it says:
For Military Veterans
NO RESTRICTIONS
6 DISCOUNT TICKETS

hull22

Getting on the lift
Skier
My wife and I get the buddy passes with our Epic Veterans Pass and have never used any of them. For this coming season it says:
For Military Veterans
NO RESTRICTIONS
6 DISCOUNT TICKETS
Can’t see an option to buy a child ticket under the veterans ticket section.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody know what exactly is the discounted cost of a “Buddy Ticket”. Or SWAF ticket has been?

I have access to 50%off tickets usually.....can Buddy tickets/SWAF beat that?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Anybody know what exactly is the discounted cost of a “Buddy Ticket”. Or SWAF ticket has been?

I have access to 50%off tickets usually.....can Buddy tickets/SWAF beat that?

probably not going to beat the 50% off. Buddy ticket last was~$90 at Stowe mid January.

EBD9CE36-203C-4200-BD86-1CC85E0EAD2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BC.