• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer Daily Driver for Destination Skier

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
The enforcer 104 is a great ski. It can be 'driven' as well as 'ridden'. It makes pretty much any turn shape at will, skis easily, and has good edge grip. All nordica products work well on firm snow in my experience testing them over the past several years. It's an easy ski to make assumptions about, but prepared to be pleasantly surprised when it colors outside the lines of your expectations. It isn't a one trick pony. That said, of the two, the 100 is probably the ski the OP should be on for his stated needs.

Just to be clear - even without skiing it I am pretty sure that the 104 FR would be a better ski for me than the 100. I have heard it’s stiffer and easier to release, those are both huge pluses in my book.

In fact, if I didn’t have my daily driver spot filled already the 104 FR would be a top candidate. If I seemed dismissive of it I apologize, I am pretty sure it’s worse for the OP than the 100 which perhaps colored my description unfairly. Mea culpa.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The 100s ski better in all conditions.

Yes. I demoed both the 93@177 and 100@185, back to back, mostly off-piste but coming back to the lift on a groomer. Packed powder, natural snow, trees, bumped runs and like I sad, groomed as well. I was looking for an off-piste ski. Of the two, to @Dwight's point, the 100 was better IMHO on almost everything. I was actually surprised that the 100 felt better in groomers. Regardless, my Rallies are a LOT more fun on groomers, no comparison.

The one area where the 93 felt better was on bumped runs, simply because they felt more nimble. Maybe the combination of a little shorter and a little shorter (they didn't have the 91@185 at the demo).

Ok, I got the 100's at 185, and man. Do I love them. Because I stay off-piste unless only groomers are ski-able (which, for my poor abilities, is not too infrequent), they are a great fit for me. In Tahoe, you see the 100 and the 93, but the 100 is all over, in a relation of 10-1, or 10-2, to the 93.

The 104 seems more specialized to free-style / big mountain than what you seem to be looking for.

Incidentally, the Blizzard Bonafide 98 is very popular at Squaw. Perhaps more than the E100. But that's a beast. IMHO, that's a ski for someone really really advanced. Tremendous performance at the cost of top skills and little forgiveness. I tried it, and it was too much for me. Of course, that' a low bar to begin with. :roflmao:

Lots of info in this thread if you want to read some more before you buy. As for length, like many say above, these tend to ski short. While the 177 might be great for you, the 185cm could be really good, and give you more stability and float at the cost of making you work a little harder. But this is a relaxed ski to begin with. LOVE it.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
For length reference, I loved my old Bonafides at 180cm, got my new Enforcer 104's at 186cm, and have been perfectly comfortable on my 2017 193 cm Enforcer 100's.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I'd go with the 93 and spend your weekends at Wilmont just a bit north of Chicago. They'll be good in the midwest and out west and you can always rent a pair of wider if you find fresh snow.

TS
P

projectawry

Booting up
Skier
Tons of great info in this thread. It seems I owe it to myself to demo the 185cm 100s before I act. I'll be doing that ASAP.

Thanks for all the input!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Since this has turned into a Nordica Enforcer love fest and the OP says he left the building here is a question of a sort of kind of different stripe.

What would you add to compliment a pair of Enforcer 100"s 185?

I'm 6' 220 lbs. old and slow; used to be okay and can still turn both ways (right turn is definitely better since I still have a left knee). Ski the inland PNW, mostly 49* North. Honestly ski all over a mountain, groomers, trees, crud, lots of trees, bumps, lots of 2 and 3 day old loose snow. Loved my old Nordica Hot Rod Pros (Helldivers) about to death, 180 90 waist; they are a bit floppy now. Not too big of a fan of my Volkl RTM 84's 184?

What will do what my Helldivers did only better? Short to medium turns in the fall line in any kind of snow.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since this has turned into a Nordica Enforcer love fest and the OP says he left the building here is a question of a sort of kind of different stripe.

What would you add to compliment a pair of Enforcer 100"s 185?

I'm 6' 220 lbs. old and slow; used to be okay and can still turn both ways (right turn is definitely better since I still have a left knee). Ski the inland PNW, mostly 49* North. Honestly ski all over a mountain, groomers, trees, crud, lots of trees, bumps, lots of 2 and 3 day old loose snow. Loved my old Nordica Hot Rod Pros (Helldivers) about to death, 180 90 waist; they are a bit floppy now. Not too big of a fan of my Volkl RTM 84's 184?

What will do what my Helldivers did only better? Short to medium turns in the fall line in any kind of snow.

Buy the K2 Mindbender 90Ti (184) that’s floating around....I looked, but my money needs to go elsewhere....my loss...your gain.

*might be too close as an underfoot overlap...but you referenced a 90 waisted Nordica...so maybe?

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Bad Bob--look at the Enforcer 88's as they rock as an all-mountain on-piste option that also works in single digit powder. The other ski that I now love for similar use is the Rossi Hero Elite Plus Ti, although it is not as good in powder as the Enforcer. I also got a pair of Blizzard Brahma 82's this summer which may fill a similar niche, but have not skied them yet.

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
5’9” 160lbs - aggressive skier who loves glade skiing. E100 @ 177.

I’m looking to add the E110 to my quiver. Anybody ski both the E100 and E110 in the same length or go longer on the E110?

My thought was to add a 177 E110 to go along with my 177 E100. Are they the same length tip to tip with rocker taken into consideration?

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
5’9” 160lbs - aggressive skier who loves glade skiing. E100 @ 177.

I’m looking to add the E110 to my quiver. Anybody ski both the E100 and E110 in the same length or go longer on the E110?

My thought was to add a 177 E110 to go along with my 177 E100. Are they the same length tip to tip with rocker taken into consideration?

The 110 is .8cm shorter in the 185cm compared to the 185cm 100 tip to tail measure. More tail rocker in the 110 too but also a bit heavier with the binding mount 0.5cm further back on the 110. So very similar length recommendations to one another with all the above variants. I would stay with the 177cm especially if you are skiing glades rather than wide open areas.

Saw Corbetts.com still has some 2019 177cm Enforcer 110 with Griffons(I’m sure they would swap for Attacks if you like them more for the same $) on right now for $668.99 CAN/just over $500 US with free shipping which is a great deal!

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi all,

I'm a skier that is trapped in Chicago, where there are no mountains in sight. :( I get about 10 ski days per year in Colorado, Canada, or Utah, depending on the year.

Thanks!
You have nice ski area about 5 hr form Chicago called Granite Peak Ski Area, I know it is not like in Co ,UT or Canada but it can work to practice and get better skier.
Other one is Devils head ,it is little small but much closer to Chicago , and they have few good runs.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
You have nice ski area about 5 hr form Chicago called Granite Peak Ski Area, I know it is not like in Co ,UT or Canada but it can work to practice and get better skier.
Other one is Devils head ,it is little small but much closer to Chicago , and they have few good runs.
Don't forget Wilmot's close enough for day trips! There's actually a lot of skiing options for Chicago people!

Sponsor

Staff online