• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 110 sizing question

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
im planning on taking out an enforcer 110 Monday for a trip with the park city powdercats. My powder ski currently is a backland 109 189 but I wanted to try the enforcer 110 becauce my daily driver is an enforcer 93 185, which I love, so I wanted to test out the 110 to see how similar it feels/performs (full disclosure: the ski i REALLY want is the new 104 free, just not for this trip).

Anyway, my question is about sizing. I’m 6’3”, 215lbs so should I go for the 186 or 191? I consider myself an expert skier, I live in UT, work at Deer Valley, and have about 50 days under my belt so far this season, but I know I have limitations. My sense is that I’d be OK on the 191 (which id normally consider long for me) becuse we will generally be in open terrain where the extra length will come in handy visa vis float, but if we do play in some trees will I find that length cumbersome and wish I was on the 186? Or I f I go with the 186 will I be sacrificing too much in the float department? I feel that my 93s punch above their weight in up to 10” of powder, so is it the same for the 110?

Thanks!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm on the E93 and E100 in 185. I think you'd be fine with either length, in pow skis the 185ish vs 191ish question usually is tough to answer. I'm about to purchase the 110 and am up against the same question. Since I've got the 100-s in 185, I demoed the 191 in about 12" and that is the length I'll probably get. There's more rocker in the 110 than the 93, it feels shorter for it's length. If you like the 93 in 185 I guess that leads torwards the 191 in the 100.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
im planning on taking out an enforcer 110 Monday for a trip with the park city powdercats. My powder ski currently is a backland 109 189 but I wanted to try the enforcer 110 becauce my daily driver is an enforcer 93 185, which I love, so I wanted to test out the 110 to see how similar it feels/performs (full disclosure: the ski i REALLY want is the new 104 free, just not for this trip).

Anyway, my question is about sizing. I’m 6’3”, 215lbs so should I go for the 186 or 191? I consider myself an expert skier, I live in UT, work at Deer Valley, and have about 50 days under my belt so far this season, but I know I have limitations. My sense is that I’d be OK on the 191 (which id normally consider long for me) becuse we will generally be in open terrain where the extra length will come in handy visa vis float, but if we do play in some trees will I find that length cumbersome and wish I was on the 186? Or I f I go with the 186 will I be sacrificing too much in the float department? I feel that my 93s punch above their weight in up to 10” of powder, so is it the same for the 110?

Thanks!

Given the Weight/Construction of the Enforcer 110 I wouldnt want the 191cm. The 185cm I tested was more than enough ski. I am 6-2 190 lb and use pretty long skis most of the time and am used to them.

I ski in Colorado almost exclusively so I experience similar conditions as you.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
One vote for the 191 and one for the 186.

Who will break the tie?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My main ski buddy has the 110 in 185 and says it skis amazingly short.

I found the same with my old Patron 193s. They never felt long.

FWIW, the E110 skis nothing like the E100 or E93.

Throw both sizes on the snowcat and have fun in the pow!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My main ski buddy has the 110 in 185 and says it skis amazingly short.

I found the same with my old Patron 193s. They never felt long.

FWIW, the E110 skis nothing like the E100 or E93.

Throw both sizes on the snowcat and have fun in the pow!
I agree, the Enforcers all ski differently. Which is why I'll soon own 3 pair, they're not just different widths. I tried to find specs on weight for the 186 and 191. The 186 is on Nordica's website, but not the 191.

Anybody have the weight of the current Enforcer 110 in 191?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m 6’2”/175 and have the 186cm Enforcer 104 Free and have skied all the other Enforcers. Agree that the Free series all ski shorter than the regular Enforcer series with their larger tail splay and rocker. The 110 in 185 would be fine in tighter areas for you if skied on the line and the 191 would be a bit more stable in open areas. You could always move up the mount a bit(+1 or 2cm) in the 191 to make it ski shorter and still get the benefit of the longer length.

The 110 Free is very commonly moved forward with the mount to reduce its swing weight and make it more playful. The 104 is actually heavier but the swing weight is lower on it.

Have put about 300k vertical on my Enforcer 104 Free and they rip! Fun and playful but very stable still. Mine are mounted at +2cm which is perfect for a freestyle/free ride type skier like myself. Traditional skiers would be great on the line or on the Enforcer 100 instead.

My 104 weigh 2260grams which is about 60 grams or so heavier than the 110 in 185cm.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m 6’2”/175 and have the 186cm Enforcer 104 Free and have skied all the other Enforcers. Agree that the Free series all ski shorter than the regular Enforcer series with their larger tail splay and rocker. The 110 in 185 would be fine in tighter areas for you if skied on the line and the 191 would be a bit more stable in open areas. You could always move up the mount a bit(+1 or 2cm) in the 191 to make it ski shorter and still get the benefit of the longer length.

The 110 Free is very commonly moved forward with the mount to reduce its swing weight and make it more playful. The 104 is actually heavier but the swing weight is lower on it.

Have put about 300k vertical on my Enforcer 104 Free and they rip! Fun and playful but very stable still. Mine are mounted at +2cm which is perfect for a freestyle/free ride type skier like myself. Traditional skiers would be great on the line or on the Enforcer 100 instead.

My 104 weigh 2260grams which is about 60 grams or so heavier than the 110 in 185cm.

I have to counterbalance this by saying that all three guys I know on the 110s ended up at minus one, not plus. Different strokes for different folks.

FWIW, I would kill for a 110+ Enforcer that was simply identical to my 100s in every way except width. The more I ski the 100s, the more I love them, and realize what a broad spectrum they cover!

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I think we need to start a group for Enforcer lovers! I really, really like my 93s. They rock in pretty much everything I've put them through.

But, regarding the issue at hand, I'm still on the fence. I like the idea of trying the 110 in the 191 but pushing the binding forward to make them ski a little shorter.

And I'm super jealous of Greg who already has the 104s!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have to counterbalance this by saying that all three guys I know on the 110s ended up at minus one, not plus. Different strokes for different folks.

FWIW, I would kill for a 110+ Enforcer that was simply identical to my 100s in every way except width. The more I ski the 100s, the more I love them, and realize what a broad spectrum they cover!

Like any free ride ski, move forward to make it ski shorter and more playful, move back to make it ski longer and ski more traditional. Moment skis have a main recommend mount and then 2 notches in front and 2 notches behind that line for +/- 2 cm which most skis of this nature have no problem with to tailor to your style of skiing.

So in @DB Cooper case, he could mount on the line or a bit back on the 185cm or go forward on the 191cm to make it ski a bit shorter if he found the 191cm feeling too long.

KP4

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

Thanks!

I am 6’3” 200lbs. I own Enforcer 110 in 191, enforcer 100 in 193, enforcer 93 in 185. The 110 is perfect, I would not want it shorter. I can wip it around in tight trees and steep no problem, it is a good length for fast speed on open terrain. I mounted as recommended and I wouldn’t want it forward, I like it as is. The 100 should be 189. I like the stability but a bit sluggish in tight terrain. The 93 is fun, but a bit too short at high speed. I would prefer that one in 189 length also. I feel that the best length of all 3 is the 110. For my style and body size it is perfect. I tend to spend most of the time off piste, but still enjoy ripping groomers here and there.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I feel like 188/189 is the sweet spot for skis for me...just wish they all came in those lengths!

I am 6’3” 200lbs. I own Enforcer 110 in 191, enforcer 100 in 193, enforcer 93 in 185. The 110 is perfect, I would not want it shorter. I can wip it around in tight trees and steep no problem, it is a good length for fast speed on open terrain. I mounted as recommended and I wouldn’t want it forward, I like it as is. The 100 should be 189. I like the stability but a bit sluggish in tight terrain. The 93 is fun, but a bit too short at high speed. I would prefer that one in 189 length also. I feel that the best length of all 3 is the 110. For my style and body size it is perfect. I tend to spend most of the time off piste, but still enjoy ripping groomers here and there.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Throw me in here too. Had the 100’s @ 185, moved the mount back actually. Need a new powder ski and considering the 110 strongly. Question is length and tried to find a demo in longer sizes across SLC area two weeks ago, longest available was 177 or something. So......I have no idea which one. I generally ski mid 180’s all-mountain skis. 184, 185 or thereabouts.

BTW - big stack of 104’s on the wall at Teton Village Sports Thursday

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Enforcer 100 should be 189, not 185.

Yup!

(tweaked your quote a bit for brevity, hope that's OK)

Throw me in here too. Had the 100’s @ 185, moved the mount back actually. Need a new powder ski and considering the 110 strongly. Question is length

IMO, the 186 cm Enforcer 110 will ski "shorter" than your 185 cm Enforcer 100s.

If you've still got the 100s, why not jump on a pair of 115 mm Enforcer Pros in @191?

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Yup!

(tweaked your quote a bit for brevity, hope that's OK)

IMO, the 186 cm Enforcer 110 will ski "shorter" than your 185 cm Enforcer 100s.

If you've still got the 100s, why not jump on a pair of 115 mm Enforcer Pros in @191?

I sold those Enforcers (would gladly go back to a pair). However, I would kind of like to ski them first. Was on a pair of 189 BMX105s, and felt a bit big in tight spots. 191 just seems gigantic to wrap my mind around.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
So I took out the 110s in a 191 for my trip with the PC Powdercats yesterday. Conditions were variable - we haven't gotten a decent refresh in a few days, there was some sun crust, and tons of wind effected snow so it was a good testing ground. As many have commented, the 191 skis short. Not once did I feel like the skis were too long for me. Granted, we didn't get into super tight trees, but I feel pretty confident that I chose the right size for these. I'd like to try them out on my "home" turf of DV/Canyons to see how they do in some of the tighter areas I like, but my overall impressions were if you are a taller/bigger guy you will be OK in the 191.

Now my attention turns to the 104 to figure out sizing there...

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
So I took out the 110s in a 191 for my trip with the PC Powdercats yesterday. Conditions were variable - we haven't gotten a decent refresh in a few days, there was some sun crust, and tons of wind effected snow so it was a good testing ground. As many have commented, the 191 skis short. Not once did I feel like the skis were too long for me. Granted, we didn't get into super tight trees, but I feel pretty confident that I chose the right size for these. I'd like to try them out on my "home" turf of DV/Canyons to see how they do in some of the tighter areas I like, but my overall impressions were if you are a taller/bigger guy you will be OK in the 191.

If you were fine on the 191cm in 110, you will be fine on the 191cm on the 104. Only “complaint” you see on the 110 is swing weight in the air or tighter spots and that’s why some move the mount forward to make them “feel lighter”. With the 104, the swing weight is lower even with the overall weight a touch higher with their new tip/tail construction so it will be easier in tighter spots than the 110 is with the same mount in the same size.

So enjoy the 191cm 104 my friend!

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier

Where did you find them? Need to make mental note

Sponsor

Staff online