• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 100 raised logo on base

Chuck danache

On the road
Skier
Recently purchased Enforcer 100s and have noticed that when I run my hand along the “Nordica” letters on each ski base I can feel that the letters are slightly raised above the rest of the base material. Went to the local ski shop and noticed the same condition on another set of 100s. Curious if this is a design flaw in the skis in general or just a one off in my case? Not sure it will affect performance. Perhaps a base grind will smooth it out...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've noticed this on several brands. The die cut letters just don't seem to sit as deep as the rest of the base. A grind will smooth it out but should you have to?

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Ok, 2016 100s, blue "N", had a couple tunes, yes can feel it, very slightly, near the center edges of the logo. Almost the exact same spot and feel on a brand new pair of 88s, factory tune, haven't been ridden yet.

I've never noticed anything on the 100s feel wise that I could attribute to the raised edge. Not sure I could even tell? But def confirming it on two more pair as described above. :huh:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Have noticed the same on my 100's, 2 years ago. It has never stayed away after several grinds and a number tunes. It doesn't seem to affect the performance (wonder if it acts kind of like structuring?). Have never checked them when skis were cold though. Could it be different rates of expansion and contraction of materials and/or colors?

Where is a Nordica Rep when you need one?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I have notice the same on my enforcer 93 and enforcer 110. Even after several tunes you can still feel it. I think this may be caused by a slightly different density in the die cut logo vs. the rest of the base. Does not affect performance but agree it is weird as our other skis (Head, Volkl, Stockli, Rossignol, Fischer, Blizzard … etc) do not have this issue, just Nordica.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does not appear to be an issue with N spitfire RBs (72s and 80s).

Sponsor