• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Everything is going take some extra patience for a while. A lot of small businesses are struggling. I ordered a pair of skis from a brick and motor store today and was chatting with the owner. He was thinking that if he could sell a pair a skis a week he would get through it. Tough times...

Does he have an online store?

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does he have an online store?

He has a website but you can’t order through it. I traded a few emails and talked to him on the phone to place the order. Very nice guy and gave me a good price on a pair of Stockli Stormriders. He was recommended to me in another thread. Ski Sharp is the name and is worth reaching out to.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
He has a website but you can’t order through it. I traded a few emails and talked to him on the phone to place the order. Very nice guy and gave me a good price on a pair of Stockli Stormriders. He was recommended to me in another thread. Ski Sharp is the name and is worth reaching out to.

This site: https://www.skisharp.com/. I see you're in NJ but this shop is in VT

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Corbetts email

0652598C-B7E4-431B-B03B-92A4841D07F8.jpeg

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@mikes781
I received the demo Stockli Stormrider 85 from Gorsuch today. They are exactly as described/pictured. Super happy with the purchase!! Sad they have to sit for so long until I can actually ski them, but happy to have found such a great deal.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Everything is going take some extra patience for a while. A lot of small businesses are struggling. I ordered a pair of skis from a brick and motor store today and was chatting with the owner. He was thinking that if he could sell a pair a skis a week he would get through it. Tough times...
I’ve got an Augment AM88 order from the UK distributor on hold because their shipment of bindings from the factory are at least 5 weeks behind schedule.

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking for great deals on Kastle MX74, Scala or Protos. There are some used ones out there but not in the right sizes. It's too bad Corbetts doesn't carry them. I found a store in the Netherlands (OutdoorXL) but I've never heard of them and hesitant to order.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I have purchased a few ski's from him , he provides good advice and good pricing, if you cured your Kastle addiction for a Stockli addiction you have company

I demo'd a pair of Stockli SC last year hoping to fall in love but no luck. Right now I'm looking for either a pure carver in the 70-75mm range or a MX84 to replace my MX88.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think I saw Sportthoma in Lincoln NH had them, They were/are not carried at many shops, I thinks they were poorly marketed, in some publications they were described as a women's ski. Dawgcatcher did a good write up on them, and that's who I bought them from. I also believe he got out of the ski and bike business, not 100% on that.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was going to recommend that ski or a SX, I was going to buy the SC until Mike straightened out my MX74's

You seem to be the perfect person to ask then. When I skied the SC I found it to difficult to bend. I used to have a pair of Fischer Progressor 9+ (basically a detuned race ski) which were stiff and narrow as well and I could bend that just fine. How would you compare the MX74 with the SC? What year are your MX74's?

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I never tried the SC, so I can't comment, but the review I read it seamed like a good east coast groomer ski that was also ok in bumps and skied up woods / glades ( firm or ice) Mine are a 17/18

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I never tried the SC, so I can't comment, but the review I read it seamed like a good east coast groomer ski that was also ok in bumps and skied up woods / glades ( firm or ice) Mine are a 17/18

Ahh, got it.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Since you guys are talking about the SC...

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
FYI, it’s worth looking at Lou’s in Calgary (lous.ca). He has good deals going on, and Lou is one of the nicest, most informative, and patient guys with whom I’ve dealt; total pleasure to speak with. You’ll have to email ([email protected]) or call him for pricing and availability as his site doesn’t have e-commerce functionality, but you’re looking at 20-40% off depending on whether the model is current or outgoing.

As far as skis, he carries Blizzard, Head, Rossignol, Scott, and Stockli. I’m not 100% sure what he carries by way of boots, but I do know he carries Zipfit liners priced at the same nominal number as in US, so a nice savings.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
Oh, and if anybody is looking for an MX74, I have a brand new, un-mounted 172 I’m looking to move to help offset my overly-aggressive quarantine purchasing.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Oh, and if anybody is looking for an MX74, I have a brand new, un-mounted 172 I’m looking to move to help offset my overly-aggressive quarantine purchasing.
Any photos of the MX 74? What about the price.?

Sponsor

Staff online