• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
US$. Price in CAD$ was just under $500.

That's too good of a deal to pass up, especially since my son wants a pair of the 90Ti in 170cm. I bought a pair in 170cm in December and after skiing them I was thinking that I should have bought the 177cm. Problem solved! I just ordered a pair with red Attack 2 bindings for $403 shipped.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Is that price USD or CAD? Crazy deal either way.
All pricing at Corbetts is CAD so discount the price by 40% for USD :) Their deals are insanely good as long as they have what you want.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Got an email today with pics and a description of the Stockli Stormrider 85 I was interested in from Gorsuch in Vail. They said some scratches on the top sheet, but bases are in excellent condition. I couldn’t see much for top sheet damage from the photo, and bases/edges looked good but we’ll see when they come in. Super psyched!! $469.99 shipped to my door, couldn’t pass that up! Thanks so much for the suggestion of Gorsuch!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got an email today with pics and a description of the Stockli Stormrider 85 I was interested in from Gorsuch in Vail. They said some scratches on the top sheet, but bases are in excellent condition. I couldn’t see much for top sheet damage from the photo, and bases/edges looked good but we’ll see when they come in. Super psyched!! $469.99 shipped to my door, couldn’t pass that up! Thanks so much for the suggestion of Gorsuch!
Let us know how it goes. Thinking about picking up the SR 95s from them.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Glad I found this thread. Corbett’s has a smoking deal on 2020 Salomon Warden 13 115mm for $133 shipped in the color I wanted. Now I just need to figure out which pow ski I’m going to put them on!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
All pricing at Corbetts is CAD so discount the price by 40% for USD :) Their deals are insanely good as long as they have what you want.

I think you need to recheck your maths..... as of today (and this # has been in a similar range for the last couple of weeks)
1 Canadian Dollar =
0.7108 American Dollar

i.e. ~ 29% discount at money market rates
Also what I found when ordering was that you could not pay directly with a credit card (and my CC gives me close to the forex rate normally) but you had to to pay with your CC through their PayPal portal which fixed the rate quite a bit below. So the net discount ended up around 26%. Still very good, plus no sales taxes, but not 40%....

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I think you need to recheck your maths..... as of today (and this # has been in a similar range for the last couple of weeks)
1 Canadian Dollar =
0.7108 American Dollar

i.e. ~ 29% discount at money market rates
Also what I found when ordering was that you could not pay directly with a credit card (and my CC gives me close to the forex rate normally) but you had to to pay with your CC through their PayPal portal which fixed the rate quite a bit below. So the net discount ended up around 26%. Still very good, plus no sales taxes, but not 40%....
So your math is better than mine. I was thinking the reverse where $1 us = $1.40 CDN. You can see the current rates at XE.com.

I also use Paypal, but I set my preferences to charge my CC in CDN $$ as the Paypal exchange rate is not good at all. My CC rate is much better and the card I use has not transaction fees for foreign exchange.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For the Stockli experts here, is it true that dealers aren’t allowed to go more than 20-25% down on price for new skis? That’s what I’m being told from a shop I was inquiring about a pair of Stormrider 85s with. Was hoping for more of a discount for an end of season sale, but curious if that’s impossible now unless I found a used pair or demo in my size. I have a friend who bought from this same shop a lot earlier this season, and got the same deal they have now of $799 for the pair, so doesn’t seem like much of an end of season deal..

I got mine for 35% off
Any cheap prices for a Laser AX ?

I paid $799.35 for my 175’s

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
If buying from a European shop, the price shown includes the value added tax. That can be deducted when the shop ships to an address outside the EU. The refunded VAT often about covers the air freight cost. Always ask the price without the VAT and the cost of the freight.

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
So your math is better than mine. I was thinking the reverse where $1 us = $1.40 CDN. You can see the current rates at XE.com.

Actually @dovski your math IS correct. Here is why:

$.71US= $1CDN. Now to get to a $1.00 US, add another $.29US which is worth about $.40CDN, so there is your $1US=$1.40CDN.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Rossi Soul 7 skis are down to $375 at a couple of US retailers. Does anyone think they will go lower?

Still looking at bindings, and in the back of my mind wondering if I really should buy new skis right now.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
My Rossi Soul 7 skis are down to $375 at a couple of US retailers. Does anyone think they will go lower?

Still looking at bindings, and in the back of my mind wondering if I really should buy new skis right now.
They work out to $316 US at Corbetts with tax and shipping included, Bindings are pretty cheap there too

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually @dovski your math IS correct. Here is why:

$.71US= $1CDN. Now to get to a $1.00 US, add another $.29US which is worth about $.40CDN, so there is your $1US=$1.40CDN.

Hmm...must be Canadian maths Dano? .....or Common Core????....

If you were to "discount the price by 40% for USD" then you would be getting a $1000 CAN product for $600 US. Whereas what you are actually getting is the $1000 CAN product for $710 US @ $.71US= $1CDN

Still dont believe me???

1,000CAD =
705.583USD

1000 USD = 1417.08 CAD
1000 CAD = 705.6765 USD
Exchange Rates Updated : April 2, 2020

705 USD = 999.0414 CAD
Exchange Rates Updated : April 2, 2020

The context where the 40% is correct is that you are getting 40% more CAN $ for your US $. That is NOT the same as getting a 40% discount on the CAN $. Still dont believe me? Try offering your Forex broker $600 US for $1000 CAN and see what you get....:popcorn: