• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went ahead and did it, and picked up a pair of new skis even though next season is still in doubt. Dynastar Legend X88 in 186 from Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, VT for $300. I negotiated a lower price for Pivot 14 Forzas by finding another nearby shop that advertised them for $196. This is going to be a pretty sweet set-up to complement my quiver!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sidewalls planed, edges polished, and prep waxed for storage over the summer. My boots are in Vermont, so I'll have to wait for a visit to set the forward pressure. Then I'll have the bindings checked next fall before skiing them. The combo of green, yellow and orange really pops on the dark background of the skis!
IMG_20200606_153255527.jpg

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
The Mindbender 88Ti Alliance Women's with Salomon N STH2 WTR 13 I ordered for my daughter arrived this week and they look sweet. Great skis and she loves the way they look! Had Corbetts mount them for me too and they did a great job. Time to put on some storage wax and start the count down clock to next season.

MB1.jpg
mb2.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Picked up new 2019 Rossi Super 7s and Attack 13s (in matching green) for just under equivalent of USD 450; pretty happy with that.
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 23.33.44.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 23.34.55.png

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
I like that the adult and kids ski share the same top sheet, but what about the materials and construction that lie beneath the top sheet?

Different construction. Juniors are a pure aspen construction with no Ti y-beam obviously, whereas the 108s are a fir/aspen combo with the Ti. Similar overall profile though, just with a flex, width etc that is suited to junior weight/height. But I agree, it is cool that they did the matching top sheet on a ski with similar profile and usage so that the kids can ski "big boy/girl" skis!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My son and I just got our matching K2 MBs back from the ski shop! I think he will be even more pumped than I am! View attachment 108313 View attachment 108314
That is a sweet set up.
What I like about the youth ski is that it looks like dads, but it has a really nice flex for youth size, still a significant ski without being too stiff. I have sold several pair of those for kids on teams at Squaw/Alpine.
He's gonna be stoked!

:yahoo:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Mindbender 88Ti Alliance Women's with Salomon N STH2 WTR 13 I ordered for my daughter arrived this week and they look sweet. Great skis and she loves the way they look! Had Corbetts mount them for me too and they did a great job. Time to put on some storage wax and start the count down clock to next season.

View attachment 104056 View attachment 104057
That's a badass setup!
Tell us what she thinks when she gets on them.

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
That is a sweet set up.
What I like about the youth ski is that it looks like dads, but it has a really nice flex for youth size, still a significant ski without being too stiff. I have sold several pair of those for kids on teams at Squaw/Alpine.
He's gonna be stoked!

:yahoo:

Yeah earlier in the spring I was on the fence about buying the 108s (as a 6th pair of skis in my quiver, hahaha), but once I saw that there was the matching dad/kid version I was sold. He has been bugging me for a pair of "powder" skis for a while, but I want him to spend the great majority of his time on his race skis (Blizzard Firebirds) just so that he develops properly. I couldn't resist getting these for the two of us though, and I do think he will enjoy them for those times that we do some off-piste stuff. In spite of me clearly being in the loop on them, my wife is going to give them to us for an xmas present because it will blow his mind both to "finally" get powder skis and also to have skis that are just like dad. :cool: That then brings his own quiver to 3, with his Firebirds as his race ski, the MBs as his off-piste/powder ski, and then some twin-tip skis that he has for when he and his friends want to fool around in the park. Not bad for an 8 year old. LOL

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The crazy thing is that at 14 she now has a 3 ski quiver and she is not a race kid
A three ski quiver at age 14, good for her, that must be the result of good parenting.

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
The crazy thing is that at 14 she now has a 3 ski quiver and she is not a race kid
Thats good parenting right there.

Agreed :) Definitely some good ski parenting. And I think every kid who loves to ski - race kid or not - needs a quiver! :) My 8 year old son has more skis than his mom! LOL I think that just means that I need to also buy his mom more skis!!

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
A lot of the ski deals I see are well and truly sold out. When Covid hit I expected some staggering blowout prices beyond the great deals that were initially offered.

And all of a sudden everything I expected was turned on its head. Demand for a lot of stuff is way up when I expected a deep recession.

Turns out all you guys who jumped on the initial early season ski deals probably made the right call. Might be a while before we see some of those blowout deals like that again. But who knows, so far things are trending the very opposite of what I expect at every turn post Covid.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Agreed :) Definitely some good ski parenting. And I think every kid who loves to ski - race kid or not - needs a quiver! :) My 8 year old son has more skis than his mom! LOL I think that just means that I need to also buy his mom more skis!!
Wouldn't good ski parenting be equally dependent on the quality of skis in the quiver :roflmao: In this case I think we did well as she has a Santa Ana 100, Mindbender 88TI and a Fischer race ski for carving .... actually come to think of it she also has a pair of Volkl 90eights but those are her rock skis so they don't count ogsmile

Mom on the other hand thinks we are crazy and will not let me buy her more than one pair at a time :huh:

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
A lot of the ski deals I see are well and truly sold out. When Covid hit I expected some staggering blowout prices beyond the great deals that were initially offered.

And all of a sudden everything I expected was turned on its head. Demand for a lot of stuff is way up when I expected a deep recession.

Turns out all you guys who jumped on the initial early season ski deals probably made the right call. Might be a while before we see some of those blowout deals like that again. But who knows, so far things are trending the very opposite of what I expect at every turn post Covid.
I think it all depends where you look and what you are looking for. Remember there are a lot of ski shops sitting on a ton of inventory from last year who do not have an online presence. Recommend you check out Corbett.com, they still have lots of great deals and inventory from last year.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I think it all depends where you look and what you are looking for. Remember there are a lot of ski shops sitting on a ton of inventory from last year who do not have an online presence. Recommend you check out Corbett.com, they still have lots of great deals and inventory from last year.
Thanks. I'm all good. Added some Praxis skis to the quiver this off-season

Been watching some of the stuff including Corbett's out if interest and a lot sold out which is cool. Didn't expect it to happen so fast.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Corbetts does huge business in Spring sales starting mid March every year but was of course slowed with the showroom itself closing around the start of the sale vs their regular late April closing. Online sales are always strong and they now look similar to most years by having a few select sizes of 2020 gear left in stock that will be sold off soon. 2021 gear arriving daily with lots in stock already.

The showroom was reopened this week to “appointment only” sales which they are recommending continuing to do on many types of sales when their showroom officially opening tomorrow for the season.
New Covid polices inside, limiting customers in the store, appointment only boot fitting, changes to store layout and “look but don’t touch” handing of the gear.

Will be going down Sunday if I can reserve tech shop time in order to get my new Moment Wildcats mounted and 3 other pairs of skis stone ground. (Wintersteiger techs there today making sure their Mercury and other machines are ready for the season.) I’m sure I’ll pick up some new toys while I’m there too as I can’t say no to gear deals!! :doh: