• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Elevator buttons

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Bill Talbot can you explain this?
Why the two different buttons for "doors open" and "doors close"?
There has to be a difference or they wouldn't both be there.
@David Koblas wants to know.

12744476_10153856572108614_8080187086705468915_n.jpg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
@Bill Talbot can you explain this?
Why the two different buttons for "doors open" and "doors close"?
There has to be a difference or they wouldn't both be there.
@David Koblas wants to know.

12744476_10153856572108614_8080187086705468915_n.jpg

That is indeed front and rear doors, 'hospital' or 'freight' use often.
It's funny how INTERNATIONAL symbols often really means 'misunderstood by ALL!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
25 and counting here...:eek:
Is that really 24 or 26? Considering that the 13th year is skipped because of bad luck? Thank you..thank you..I will be here all week. Try the veal and don't forget to tip your server.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Is that really 24 or 26? Considering that the 13th year is skipped because of bad luck? Thank you..thank you..I will be here all week. Try the veal and don't forget to tip your server.

What if it's a Chinese building?? No 4th..or 14th..or 24th.. So confused!!! :eek:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was staying at some hotel in Connecticut one time... got in the elevator to go up to my room, hit the button for my floor, elevator stops... And nothing. I'm standing there waiting and waiting for the doors to open. Not happening.

I figured I'm stuck for a while, and I'm staring at the buttons trying to figure out how to do the "emergency" thing when it finally occurred to me that the opened doors were BEHIND me. :doh:

At least I figured it out before the fire department got called to "rescue" me... :D

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My cousin and her husband were in Vegas on their honeymoon many years ago.. some sketchy looking dudes wearing sunglasses at night got in the elevator with them from the lobby, as the doors closed one of them says, quite sternly "HIT THE FLOOR!" . So, she hit the floor... guy laughs and said "I meant push the button" still laughing as another one pushes the button. When they went to the desk to pay their bill checking out they found out it was already paid.. with a note left for them from Eddie Murphy apologizing about the elevator incident..

Sponsor

Staff online