• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Elan

palmettoski

Booting up
Skier
Just finished the Carolina ski season. Had the opportunity to 'beta' the Wingman 82Cti. Lighter than the 4D skis with slick initiation and lots of 'pop' out of turns. Likely due to the incorporation of the same carbon tubes found in the Ripstick line. For me I needed to move binding mount 8 to 12 mm behind stock (Tyrolia Power Rail) and change bevel to 1 degree bottom and 2.5 degrees side. When done these skis are a blast. Could not out ski the equipment at any of the areas surrounding Boone. Last run of the year my 32 year old son, on race stock GS from a French manufacturer, and I had a GSish turn race to the bottom of App Ski after he insulted me; I was able to stand and watch his last turns with a big grin on my face. Great fun to smoke the young'ns to end my 61st season on skis.
Thanks Bill, Ben and Elan for letting me into the 'CRASH TEST DUMMY' program!

Palmettoski

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just finished the Carolina ski season. Had the opportunity to 'beta' the Wingman 82Cti. Lighter than the 4D skis with lots of 'pop' out of turns. Likely do to the incorporation of the same carbon tubes found in the Ripstick line. For me I needed to move binding mount 8 to 12 mm behind stock (Tyrolia Power Rail) and change bevel to 1 degree bottom and 2.5 degrees side. When done these skis are a blast. Could not out ski the equipment at any of the areas surrounding Boone. Last run of the year my 32 year old son, on race stock GS from a French manufacturer, and I had a GSish turn race to the bottom of App Ski; I was able to stand and watch his last turns. Great fun to smoke the young'ns and end my 61st season on skis.
Thanks Bill, Ben and Elan for letting me into the 'CRASH TEST DUMMY' program!

Palmettoski
Out of curiosity, how tall and heavy are you?

TS
palmettoski

palmettoski

Booting up
Skier
Andy, I am also going to be 70 and still like to push it; especially when my son told me he thought I was skiing OK for some 50 year old guy. As stated, HE bought the first beer that afternoon; SWEET!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online