• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Elan Ripstick 88 vs. Elan Wingman 86CTi

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Would appreciate any insight (i.e. Cagematch Comparison) between the Elan Ripstick 88 & Elan Wingman 86 CTi. Also, how would this slot-in with other members such as Blizzard Brahma or DPS Cassiar 87?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Would appreciate any insight (i.e. Cagematch Comparison) between the Elan Ripstick 88 & Elan Wingman 86 CTi. Also, how would this slot-in with other members such as Blizzard Brahma or DPS Cassiar 87?

Seriously? No one is picking this up?

Okay, I can give it a shot.

I have not been on the exact two Elans you mention, but have been on their close 2020 siblings @82 and 96mm, respectively. It's an easy choice. Go with the Wingman if you prioritize groomers, and the Ripstick if you don't. They're very different skis in shape and flex pattern. There's "more there there" with the Wingman, more flickability and agility with the Ripstick.

Only been on the older Brahma. It's more ski than the other two. Its shape is more like the Ripstick, but it's much burlier and edgier - a good compromise if you have some size and strength. Normally I guess I'd say that if you're looking at the Brahma the Ripstick would not be a likely comparison. You'd be looking at an Enforcer or Kendo or something gutsier than the Ripstick. Similarly if you're looking at the Ripstick you'd be putting it up against other finesse skis like an Armada Invictus 89ti.

I've skied the Cassiar briefly in a few different incarnations and widths. The 87 never spoke to me, even though I've liked other DPS skis, so I'll let someone else weigh in on that one.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online