• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) El Nino Europe 2016

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So a trip to Austria is shaping up..February 2016..anyone want to venture a guess how this will affect the currently horrific conditions in Europe??? :poo:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tagging along because well, idk? I passed on joining a small group to Switzerland end of Feb. Not easy to do given the currency exchange. And I love the Alps. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, if the FIS World Cup is any indication:

- Women's speed races this coming week at St. Anton have been canceled after failing snow inspection.
- The famous Hahnenkammrennen in Kitzbühel has only patchy coverage on its upper flanks where snowmaking has been possible. They have a ton of work to do to make this track race-ready, and the weather isn't cooperating.
- Pictures from Tirol look... bad.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, if the FIS World Cup is any indication:

- Women's speed races this coming week at St. Anton have been canceled after failing snow inspection.
- The famous Hahnenkammrennen in Kitzbühel has only patchy coverage on its upper flanks where snowmaking has been possible. They have a ton of work to do to make this track race-ready, and the weather isn't cooperating.
- Pictures from Tirol look... bad.
Watching Streif last night, it was interesting to see the amount of work that goes into clearing snow from a race course, kind of reminded me of coverage of the Nagano Olympics.
I guess there is such a thing as too much snow.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
During the men's World Cup test event at Snowbasin in 2001, we basically had one day of skiers training on the course and four days of worker training in snow removal. It snowed 4 feet during the final four days of the event window, and it was a lot of work!

Sponsor

Staff online